Have you ever wondered how Hitchcock created the famous crop duster scene in North by Northwest? Or what Charles Heston’s acting journals from Ben Hur might look like? Warner Bros. is launching a new initiative called Inside the Script, which will offer illustrated interactive eBooks of classic movie scripts like Casablanca, An American in Paris and Ben Hur.
Via the Facebook page every Inside the Script will include:
- The complete shooting script in a new-customizable eBook format.
- A dozen or more chapters about the script and the film, detailing their development and placing them within their greater historical and cinematic contexts.
- Treasures from Hollywood’s film archives, including reproductions of rare historical documents such as production notes, memos, schedules, sketches, artwork and more!
- Image galleries with zoomable, high-resolution images of costumes, on-set stills, movie posters, set designs and behind-the-scenes action.
- Glossaries of historical and film terms.
- Production timeline.
This is a pretty cool initiative from Warner Bros. to capitalize on their famous movies without exploit the legacy of said film **cough MGM Poltergiest remake cough** Also, for anyone aspiring to a career in film, this will be a good look into exactly what goes into taking a script and bringing it to the screen.
The each eBook will cost $10 and will be available on iBooks, Kindle and Nook.