The Producers Guild of America has created a new website for their members as a way to provide better access to those looking for work. They started working on this back in February, and seem pleased with the final outcome. Here is the official press release:
LOS ANGELES (July 30, 2012) – The Producers Guild of America announced today that it has launched a new, state-of-the-art online job board for Guild members and employers. The new Producers Guild Job Board can be found online at http://jobs.producersguild.org/.
“One of the primary objectives of the Producers Guild is to provide our members with access to good, quality jobs, and this new site will greatly enhance our ability to do just that,” said Chris Thomes, Producers Guild Website Committee Chair and Vice President of New Media Council. “Reimagined and redesigned to be elegant and effective, our new site includes tools, functions and features that distinguish the Producers Guild Job Board as the best one-stop-shop for the highest-quality producing team members in the industry.”
The new site also will improve an employer’s ability to search for, find and communicate with Producers Guild members looking for work. Studios, companies and other employers can post jobs, view resumes and enjoy quick, real-time access to Guild member talent online. Highlights of the improved site include:
- Cleaner, more intuitive interface.
- Separate login accounts for employers and job-seekers.
- Custom-designed categories and search criteria, including the ability to search lists of members’ credits, as well as their expertise in a variety of media/formats and their familiarity with numerous domestic and international locations.
- Special customized “date next available” function, so employers can see exactly who will be available for work at a given time, and members can be included in employer searches even while they’re working in their current job.
- Special messaging system lets employers know when members have applied for a job, allowing them to contact applicants privately and directly through the Job Board software.
Overseen by the Producers Guild of America Website Committee, construction on the new site began in February 2012. Committee members worked closely with Guild staff to gather input from members at all levels and in all areas of employment, including those who serve as employers.
The member-specific services of the job board are available only to current Guild members. Employers may register for free.
Visit the Producers Guild Job Board for more information: http://jobs.producersguild.org/.
About the Producers Guild of America
The Producers Guild of America is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The PGA has more than 5,000 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with employment opportunities, seeking to expand health benefits, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. Visit www.producersguild.org for more information.
Leave a Comment
No comments yet.