The Awards Circuit staff puts together a packed agenda for your listening pleasure. If this is your first time listening, The Awards Circuit Power Hour encompasses many of the writers getting together to speak about the current affairs of either the Oscar race or films opening by the week. It’s not always business because there’s always room for some fun with our many segments and taking questions from our dedicated readership. A great way to support the Awards Circuit is not only by listening to us here via our website but we are featured on Stitcher Radio, where you can download the app to any mobile or electronic device and take us everywhere. If you can’t find it in your heart (or wallets) to donate directly to the site, downloading the app and putting “AWARDSCIRCUIT” in the promo code will support us in a big way. We greatly appreciate the support. Also, as an added bonus, if you download the app with the promo code, you are automatically entered to win $100. Who can’t use an extra 100 bucks these days? Click on the “Hear Us On Stitcher Smart Radio” button after the jump along with an itinerary of today’s episode!
- We talk the last week of the New York Film Festival with Lincoln and Flight, both getting big debut. We also talk about our feelings about David Chase’s Not Fade Away and Michael Haneke’s Amour.
- Terence and Michael talk about their week at the movies after catching Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths and Ben Affleck’s Argo.
- Seth MacFarlane has been named the host of the Oscars 2013. With a cue from a reader, we talk about the host and the importance of the role.
- We play some fun segments: “Where Are They Now? – Pulp Fiction Edition” and a new one “Can you name that Guy?”
- With films like “The Master,” having audiences and critics scratching their heads, we talk about the importance of seeing a film more than once. Is it necessary? Do you think of it as a requirement?
- We talk Lead Actress, Supporting Actor, and the Original Song categories.
Comment and discuss!
Instructions for listeners:
- Use your Promo code- AWARDSCIRCUIT wherever/ whenever you can!
- Go to app store: http://www.stitcher.com/awardscircuit
- Download Stitcher –FREE and Easy
- Once it’s downloaded to your phone
- Enter promo code at registration for a chance to win prize
- $100 worth cash card will be randomly selected each month
- Start enjoying the show- which will be waiting for you in your Favorites list!
- Easy, Free, No syncing, On demand & On the Go, Saves memory on your phone, new episodes are always waiting for you
Tags: Amour, Android software, Argo, Ben Affleck, David Chase, Entertainment/Culture, Flight, Lincoln, Martin McDonagh, Michael Haneke, New York Film Festival, Not Fade Away, NYFF, NYFF 2012, Podcast, Podcasts, Power Hour Reader Questions, Reader Questions, Segments, seven psychopaths, Stitcher Radio, Technology/Internet, the Oscar