The Awards Circuit Power Hour returns twelve hours earlier before Hurricane Sandy plows through the East Coast. Just in case my internet and electricity go out, you’ll have our episode down in the books. The staff and I discuss the following things on this week’s episode.
- The reception to Cloud Atlas. Is it an Oscar contender? What are some of the feelings swirling around the web about this ambitious feature? Is there room in the race for newcomers Doona Bae and Ben Whishaw?
- Ballots for the International Press Academy’s Satellite Awards went out this past week. Without seeing the big, end of the year favorites, is the award show telling of anything at all?
- With such poor discipline as critics, we discuss the Documentary Feature race and which films could emerge on top. Could an early year favorite and high-profile film like Bully make the final cut with the Weinsteins backing?
- We attempt to break down nearly every category.
- Of course, we take a bunch of YOUR questions as well.
Listen and comment!
Tags: Ben Whishaw, Cloud Atlas, Doona Bae, Entertainment/Culture, oscar predictions, Podcast, Podcasts, Precursors, Satellite Awards, Searching for Sugar Man, The Awards Circuit Power Hour, The Wachowski Siblings