Final SAG Predictions have been updated. Go to the page under the menu bar, OTHER AWARD SHOWS.
Here are general thoughts before you go and check them out.
- As tomorrow brings a lot of clarity, it can also shake things up considerably. I am PRAYING for a tie in Best Actor so the top six contenders can all have their moments. I suspect Hugh Jackman might miss in favor of NBR winner Bradley Cooper. I feel John Hawkes can also be in serious danger of missing but I remember SAG coming to his rescue for Winter’s Bone and he wasn’t even a “name” yet.
- As I hope Helen Mirren misses for Hitchcock, she could easily unseat a contender like Marion Cotillard and Naomi Watts. The British voting body can be very “clicky,” which reminds me that Judi Dench can be an easy possibility for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, a film being pushed considerably by Fox Searchlight.
- Matthew McConaughey winning with New York and Ann Dowd winning NBR came at the perfect time. It likely gave many, if they didn’t see their films, to seek them out. McConaughey as made a transition into a “serious” actor which many may feel inclined to reward. Dowd has been around for years and has worked with many in the business which could help her cause.
- I’m predicting Ben Affleck’s Argo to get a big “F.U.” tomorrow which could be foolish, but I think many of its players may miss for the curve balls that SAG often throws out like Hairspray, 3:10 to Yuma, and Hustle & Flow.
- I’m not sure how many voting members were able to see Django Unchained before their deadlines but I suspect many of them were not able to see it. This could cost a nomination for either Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio. Kerry Washington could use a huge boost from this group as she is one of the brilliant performers in the film.
- Watch out for contenders like Kelly Reilly (making her rounds), Jean-Louis Tringnant (to accompany Emmanuelle Riva), Michael Pena (due and respected), and a big WTF? coming from something like Seven Psychopaths or The Dark Knight Rises.
Not included on the page are Stunt Ensemble Predictions:
- The Dark Knight Rises
- The Avengers
- The Amazing Spider-Man
Comment and discuss!
Tags: Editor, predictions, SAG, SAG Awards, Screen Actors Guild