For all you remaining fans of FOX’s musical show, “Glee” – I’m sure you’re all eagerly anticipating the premiere of Season 5 on September 26. As you all may know, Cory Monteith, who plays Finn Hudson on the show, passed away this past July. Creators Ryan Murphy and the staff have been hard at work putting together a tribute episode for Finn/Cory.
Via MJsBigBlog, little spoilers from the episode, which will be the third episode of the season, have been revealed.
- The episode takes place in Lima, OH and centers around the death of Cory Monteith’s character Finn Hudson.
- It is not revealed how Finn dies
- The episode begins with the news of his death
- The story focuses on all the characters remembering him, mourning him, and celebrating his life.
- Rachel (Lea Michele) doesn’t appear in the episode until the final act. Her “presence is limited but incredibly powerful.” Lea sings.
- Santana (Naya Rivera) has a “great and memorable part in the episode.”
- The final song: “Get ready to ugly cry.”
- “Seasons of Love” from A Chorus Line will be one of the songs, according to FYeahGleeClub
The episode began production yesterday. I haven’t really watched the show since its first season but will likely tune in for this.