Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at@Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- With the United States presidential election on Tuesday, we’re talking about our favorite political films.
- Denzel Washington’s “Fences” screened for SAG voters on Saturday night and we talk about the reactions that poured in, declaring winners in several categories including Supporting Actress for Viola Davis.
- We get deep into the Golden Globes and discuss some of the possibilities for Lead Actor (Drama and Comedy/Musical) and Lead Actress (Drama and Comedy/Musical). Also diving into Best Picture (Comedy or Musical) and how many films have a shot at coming in behind “La La Land.”
- Box office has been kind to films like “Moonlight” and “Hacksaw Ridge” this weekend.
- We have a screener update and what films are getting the pushes from their respective studios.
- #ACCircuitBreaker Poll this week asked what actor or actress you want to see come out of retirement. We share YOUR thoughts!
- We have questions and #CinephileShowdowns sent in and answer them!
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED