Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- We are joined by our guest Jenelle Riley (@jenelleriley), Deputy Awards Editor of Variety and two-time Emmy winner. Spoiler alert: She’s the best!
- We’re talking about the first wave of prizes from the critics including the National Board of Review, New York Film Critics Circle and Critics’ Choice Nominations. (This podcast was recorded before the LAFCA announcement)
- The team and Jenelle are going on record on who we think will win the Oscar in the major categories.
- Cinephile Showdowns with YOUR questions.
- Announcement regarding Academy Idol Season 9.
- Finally, we announce the reader that won a signed poster of “Elle” by Isabelle Huppert (future Oscar nominee?) and director Paul Verhoeven.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED