Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at [email protected], and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- 1 week since the biggest upset in Oscar history with “Moonlight” besting “La La Land” in Best Picture. We talk about what it means for the pundits moving forward when most got it so wrong.
- We take a look at the films of 2017 and what they can mean to the Oscar landscape. We go over some of the following:
- “Darkest Hour” (Focus Features)
- “Blade Runner 2049” (Warner Bros.)
- “Mudbound” (Netflix)
- “Battle of the Sexes” (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
- “Dunkirk” (Warner Bros.)
- “Suburbicon” (Paramount Pictures)
- “Mary Magdalene” (Universal Pictures)
- “Wonderstruck” (Amazon Studios)
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (Walt Disney Pictures)
- “The Current War” (The Weinstein Company)
- “The Beguiled” (Focus Features)
- “The Killing of Edgardo Mortara” (The Weinstein Company)
- and the yet untitled films from Paul Thomas Anderson, Kathyrn Bigelow, and Nash Edgerton.
- We also have questions, comments, and Cinephile Showdowns from the readers!
- We’re also giving away a Blu-Ray copy of “Insecure: Season 1” to one of the readers that writes us an iTunes review before the next episode!
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan