Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- We share our thoughts on “Detroit” from Kathryn Bigelow and “Logan Lucky” from Steven Soderbergh. Are they Oscar players?
- We have a spoiler-ish talk about “Dunkirk” from Christopher Nolan. What will be its best and worst day on Oscar nomination morning? Is there an acting possibility out of the film? Could it win Best Picture?
- There’s a generic discussion about Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and Foreign Language Film. If they would be nominated for Best Picture, should they be removed from their respective categories?
- We take a look at two Oscar categories: Best Director and Best Supporting Actress. Where do they stand and what can we anticipate down the road?
- Can Kirsten Dunst gain some Oscar traction for “The Beguiled” or something else?
- Lots of trailer dropped during the week and we talk about their Oscar chances: “The Disaster Artist” from James Franco, “The Shape of Water” from Guillermo del Toro, and future blockbusters from #SDCC.
- We’re taking more guesses for the fall festivals.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN | FILM EDITING |
| MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING | SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |