Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.comfeaturing host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Announcing the category placements and campaigns for Algee Smith (“Detroit”), Cynthia Nixon (“A Quiet Passion”), Claire Foy (“Breathe”), and Melissa Leo (“Novitiate”).
- We talk about the first reviews for Richard Linklater’s “Last Flag Flying” and where it stands in the Oscar race. Also, does Steve Carell stand a chance in either category he’s campaigned in?
- We talk about the news of the week including the next installment of “It” and it should play the adults.
- We talk about the curse word “lock” and using it in the months of September and October.
- We’re talking about Best Actor and the chances for Timothee Chalamet and who needs to fall in order for him to make the lineup for “Call Me By Your Name.”
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE |