Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.comfeaturing host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- We’re discussing our favorite Halloween and horror films.
- The Critics Choice Documentary Awards are Thursday, Nov. 2 and we discuss some of the year’s best thus far.
- FYC Tracker check-in. What are the screeners hitting doorsteps?
- Why has the horror genre been treated so unfairly by the Academy and how can it help “Get Out” in Best Picture?
- The Golden Globes have had all their submissions and we discuss some of the contenders in Drama and Comedy or Musical.
- Better late than never, we finally break down the trailer for “Phantom Thread” from Paul Thomas Anderson and starring Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Box Office was modest and we discuss last week’s openings including “Thank You for Your Service.”
- Lots of Cinephile Showdowns and questions from the readers!
- Sharing our thoughts on Kevin Costner out of nowhere.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE |