Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Checking in on the AFI Film Festival occurring with screenings of “The Disaster Artist” getting great reviews. Could it be a bigger player for A24?
- Louis C.K. had a week to remember and we discuss the reaction of Hollywood.
- Rian Johnson is creating an all-new “Star Wars” trilogy and Mark Johnson is excited (spoiler alert: so are we!)
- Animated Feature submitted 26 films and we discuss the frontrunners including our thoughts on “Coco” from Pixar.
- Christopher Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in “All the Money in the World.” Can he score Oscar attention and make a statement?
- Supporting Actor has plenty of opportunities for two men to be recognized from the same film. We discuss the contenders.
- What films are going to benefit from BAFTA?
- “The Florida Project” has its detractors and we discuss some its problems (spoiler alert!)
- “The Post” released a new trailer and we talk about our gut reactions.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE |