Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- We give our thoughts BEFORE some of the staff ventured out to see Steven Spielberg’s “The Post” – what does the heavy embargo mean?
- “Justice League” fell way below expectations and we give our thoughts on the future of the DECU and Warner Bros.
- Greta Gerwig’s “Lady Bird” is killing it at the box office. How far will it go at the Oscars? We also give the proper due and love to Beanie Feldstein, one of the film’s secret weapons.
- Catching up with screeners that have gone out to guild members and sharing thoughts on “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool,” “Mudbound,” “”The Leisure Seeker,” “The Killing of a Sacred Deer,” and “Girls Trip.”
- We share our wishes that feel like they MAY NOT be happening in the Oscar race.
- Adapted Screenplay is thin but are we open to a surprise or two?
- Cinephile Showdowns and Questions from our readers!
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE |