Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- The box office of the weekend with “Coco” leading the way. Leads to an assessment of the Animated Feature race on the heels of the precursors starting. Could it lead the way this season or is something like “Loving Vincent” or “The Breadwinner” more of the critics liking?
- Thanksgiving delivered screeners for awards voters to watch over the break. Could something like “Wonder” hit at the right time?
- The Independent Spirit Awards have announced their nominations and we go through each category and the connection to the Academy Awards.
- Offering our guesses for the National Board of Review, New York Film Critics Circle, and Los Angeles Film Critics Association which all will announce this week.
- Questions and Cinephile Showdowns from the readers!
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE |