Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- There’s an internal debate about the Supporting Actor race and how thin or heavy it is with contenders. Does Sam Elliott (“A Star is Born”) have a real fighting chance or are we gearing up for a Mahershala Ali (“Green Book”) second Oscar soon?
- “Green Book” won the Audience Award at TIFF. What’s next for the Peter Farrelly film? Is it the Best Picture spoiler?
- From a good question from one of our readers Josh Parham, we discuss some candidates for an Honorary Oscar. Who would you like to see?
- Rachel Weisz is getting a Gotham Award tribute. Does that help her for “The Favourite” or “Disobedience?”
- Talking about our thoughts on Yann Demange’s “White Boy Rick.”
- Cynthia Erivo already seems like an Oscar frontrunner for when the Harriet Tubman film opens in theaters.
- Henry Cavill is out as Superman. Do any of us care?
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.