Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Opening this past weekend was the poorly received “Venom” and the perceived awards juggernaut “A Star is Born.” In the case of the latter, does it have the energy to deemed not only the frontrunner but win a ton of Oscars? Is Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga the frontrunners for the acting categories?
- SPOILER ALERT for “A Star is Born” begins at 20:00 and lasts essentially the entire episode but there is plenty of stuff sprinkled in that is non-spoilery. Enter at your own risk.
- NYFF premiered “Roma” from Alfonso Cuaron, “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Joel & Ethan Coen, and “Private Life” from Tamara Jenkins.
- We’re talking about the dark horses in the acting categories. Who are the people we’re not talking about…yet?
- The Best Documentary Feature race is hot. What can make some noise?
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.