Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Talking a bit about Lily James who may be a Golden Globe nominee for “Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again.”
- We lost two-time Oscar-winning screenwriter William Goldman. We’re speaking about his best works.
- The Independent Spirit Award Nominations were announced and we talk about the nominees that included a bunch for “If Beale Street Could Talk” and “First Reformed” and the omissions of “Boy Erased” and “The Old Man & the Gun.”
- Putting a focus on convincing the Academy to expand back to a “straight 10” in Best Picture versus the sliding scale.
- The first reactions to “Vice” and the entry of Christian Bale and Amy Adams in the Oscar race. Also gauging the talk on “Mary Poppins Returns” and Emily Blunt.
- Pet Peeves are the Oscars are discussed. What are some of yours?
- A fiery discussion about predicting a director to win the Oscar but NOT have the film in your Top 3 predictions in Best Picture…does it equate?
- Our Oscar Predicted Winners as of 11/18/2018.
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.
Be sure to check out the Official Oscar Predictions Page to see where the contenders rank!