Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Happy New Year to our entire readership and weekly listeners.
- Announcing the details for ACCA 2018 (Awards Circuit Community Awards) and our search for the 7 jury members that will select the Lifetime Achievement and Johnny Alba Innovation Award. You must fill out an application by clicking HERE.
- We’re taking a ton of questions with #CinephileShowdowns, Oscar Predictions, and more!
- Clayton watched a movie at the last minute that made him re-work his entire Top 10. What film has done that to you?
- Taking some time to talk about Adam McKay’s “Vice” and how some critics are on two different sides.
- Our most anticipated films of 2019, and using Joseph Braverman’s Genre Geeks from last week as a template.
- What studio ran the best campaign (and not the most visible)?
- Big debate erupts regarding “Category Fraud,” an annual topic that seems to split critics and what our responsibility is to hold the studios accountable.
- Oscar Predictions are an obvious hot topic and we’re discussing where this race can go.
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.
Be sure to check out the Official Oscar Predictions Page to see where the contenders rank!