It’s a packed full day of entertainment this Sunday, literally kicking off as early 1 PM EST with some NFL Playoff Football. That said, the eyes of the entertainment world will fall on Hollywood by the end of the night, with the 76th Annual Golden Globes kicking off the televised awards season. You know where we are going to spend most of our night, but here are some of the other shows you can check out tonight.
Pick Of The Day – The 76th Annual Golden Globes at 8 PM on NBC
What else would we possibly go with? You know the Awards Circuit staff will all be tuning into the Golden Globes, one of the pop culture events of the year. No show other than the critics choice awards combines the worlds of Film and Television in such a fun affair. This year’s hosts, Andy Samberg & Sandra Oh, make for one of the most curious host combos ever. Our eyes will obviously be on the film side, where the results can be somewhat predictive or momentum changing. The TV side is mostly fun, and often gives us a different group of winners than the Emmys. Just remember to take the Globes results with a giant grain of salt when it comes to your TV predictions next year.
No new premieres tonight.
Back from the winter hiatus, the networks actually have some very good programming going up against the Globes. Fox rolls out their comedy lineup, headlined by “The Simpsons” and “Bob’s Burgers” once again. Both continue to show why they’re some of the best-animated shows on television, and “Bob’s” has set itself up nicely as a potential Emmy winner this season. Meanwhile, ABC airs light fare, with “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and “Shark Tank” dominating their evening. CBS has built a hit lineup on Sundays, with the surprising hit “God Friended Me” me still kicking off the night. It is then followed by the established “NCIS: Los Angeles” and “Madame Secretary,” both of which seem likely to get another season.
The Off-The-Path Pick Of The Night
It’s NFL Playoff time! We’ve got two matchups going on today, with CBS and NBC splitting the matchups.
CBS gets the first of the two games, starting off the day with the Los Angeles Chargers and the Baltimore Ravens. While the Chargers went 12-4, they finished in a wildcard spot and travel to Baltimore. The Charger’s defense is outstanding led by Nick Bosa and Derwin James. Veteran quarterback Phillip Rivers doesn’t have many runs left in his career, and this could be his best chance to make a run at a long overdue Super Bowl appearance. However, the rookie sensation Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens look to play upset kings once more.
NBC grabbed the better of the two matchups, with the Philadelphia Eagles taking on the Chicago Bears. The matchup features the defending Super Bowl champs versus the fast-rising Bears. Quarterbacks Nick Foles and Mitch Trubisky will likely be the focus of the game, as well the pass rushes from each of the impressive defenses. That game kicks off at 4:30 PM EST.
There are plenty of other shows airing new episodes tonight. Use this as a helpful guide when channel surfing tonight. Make sure you don’t miss the latest episodes of your favorite shows. Once again, times may vary by local area. Please check your local guide for the most accurate times.
- “God Friended Me” (CBS) at 8 PM
- “NCIS: Los Angeles” (CBS) at 9 PM
- “Madame Secretary” (CBS) at 10 PM
- “America’s Funniest Home Videos” (ABC) at 8 PM
- “Shark Tank” (ABC) at 9 PM
- “The Simpsons” (FOX) at 8:00 PM
- “Bob’s Burgers” (FOX) at 8:30 PM
- “Family Guy” (FOX) at 9:00 PM
- “Rel” (FOX) at 9:30 PM
- “Crikey! It’s the Irwins” (Animal Planet) at 8 PM
- “How Do Animals Do That?” (Animal Planet) at 9 PM and 9:30 PM
- “Real Housewives of Atlanta” (Bravo) at 8 PM
- “Married to Medicine” (Bravo) at 9 PM
- “Dirty John” (Bravo) at 10 PM
- “Watch What Happens Live” (Bravo) at 11 PM
- “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest” (Disney XD) at 9 PM and 9:30 PM
- “Building Alaska” (DIY) at 9 PM
- “Alaska: The Last Frontier” (Discovery) at 8 PM and 9 PM
- “The Last Alaskans” (Discovery) at 10 PM
- “Beachfront Bargain Hunt” (HGTV) at 8 PM and 8:30 PM
- “Bahamas Life” (HGTV) at 9 PM and 9:30 PM
- “Island Life” (HGTV) at 10 PM and 10:30 PM
- “Lost City of Manchu Picchu” (National Geographic) at 9 PM
- “Mysteries Skeletons of the Sahara” (National Geographic) at 10 PM
- “Mysteries at the Museum” (Science) at 8 PM and 9 PM
- “Houdini’s Last Secrets” (Science) at 10 PM
- “Ray Donavan” (Showtime) at 9 PM
- “Outlander” (STARZ) at 8 PM
- “Counterpart” (STARZ) at 9 PM
- “90 Day Fiance” (TLC) at 8 PM
- “Return to Amish” (TLC) at 10 PM
What do you think you’ll tune into? Did we miss any new shows you’ll be watching? Let us hear your picks in the comments below!
Be sure to check out our Official Oscar Predictions Page to see where this year’s films and performances rank among the contenders!