It’s Oscar night! The 91st Academy Awards will air on ABC at 8 PM and all categories are actually going to air live! It’s a huge night for fans of the Oscars. Tune in to our Super Bowl here at AwardsCircuit. Only a few shows are premiering tonight, including “Evan Goes Wild” for Animal Planet and “When Calls the Heart” on Hallmark. A few good movies will be on the air as well, including “How to Train Your Dragon 2.”
Make your official Oscar Predictions in the CIRCUIT CENTER before the ceremony begins at 8:00 pm Eastern Time.
Pick of the Day
91st Academy Awards on ABC at 8 PM
It’s time for the big night! It’s going to be a fun night, and the volatility of the season means almost any race can spoil your night. The biggest night in Hollywood feels like it will be pure insanity this year, and for most of us, the end of the season is bittersweet. Get ready to support your favorite films of 2018 one last time! If you have not, check out our Awards Circuit Circuit Center and make your picks for 91st Academy Awards.
“Evan Goes Wild” on Animal Planet at 9:15 PM
Instagram celebrity Dr. Evan Antin gets his own show on Animal Planet, and it actually looks kind of fun. The young vet has openly talked about the influence of Steve Irwin on his decision to work with animals. This show looks to follow a similar formula, as Antin travels around the world to highlight conservation efforts. This feels like it could be a throwback series, and with any luck, he can help promote conversation. With more than a million Instagram followers, this one could find a strong audience in the coming weeks. If nothing else, it feels like a show that will spread viral videos regularly.
A popular romance series on the Hallmark Channel makes its return tonight. “When Calls the Heart” follows a school teacher from the big city that has moved to a small town in Canada. Set during the early 1900s, the show features some strong period vibes and is well regarded for its wholesome nature. If you’re choosing to start the show now, know that one of the main characters of the series died at the end of Season 5. The series looks to figure out its way forward and introduces new elements into the show.
Movies on TV
For those who want to check out a different side of Los Angeles, “Collateral” makes for a fun viewing. The action/thriller airs on HBO Screen Gems at 8 PM. It stars Tom Cruise in the rare role of a villain, and as usual he excels. However, Jaime Foxx earned a supporting actor nomination for the film (despite obvious category fraud). Jada Pickett Smith and Mark Ruffalo star in one of Michael Mann‘s most underrated films to date.
If you want to catch up with the “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise before seeing the excellent movie in theaters now, FX has you covered. “How to Train Your Dragon 2,” which was nominated for Best Animated Feature, will air on FX at 8 PM. The story showcases some spectacular visuals, and actually consulted Roger Deakins for the storyboarding. This one still lights a fire for more fans of the series and sadly lost the Oscar to “Big Hero Six” in 2014.
Finally, if the night is going poorly for your ballot, but you’re still feeling Oscar, check out the only film to win only Best Picture on the night. “Grand Hotel” airs on TCM at 10 PM tonight. The famed film carries the very cool stat of only winning Best Picture, and remains an interesting piece of Oscar trivia because of its win. The film follows a large ensemble of characters staying at a hotel in Berlin. John Barrymore, Lionel Barymore, Joan Crawford, and Greta Garbo all starred in the film.
There are plenty of other shows airing new episodes tonight. Use this as a helpful guide when channel surfing tonight. Make sure you don’t miss the latest episodes of your favorite shows. Once again, times may vary by local area. Please check your local guide for the most accurate times.
- “Victoria” (PBS) at 9 PM
- “The Walking Dead” (AMC) at 9 PM
- “Talking Dead” (AMC) at 10 PM
- “The Zoo” (Animal Planet) at 8 PM
- “Evan Goes Wild” (Animal Planet) at 9:15 PM
- “Lone Star Law” (Animal Planet) at 10 PM
- “Married to Medicine” (Bravo) at 9 PM
- “Star Wars Resistance” (Disney) at 10 PM
- “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest” (Disney XD) at 9 PM and 9:30 PM
- “Body Cam: Close Encounters” (Discovery) at 8 PM, 9 PM, & 10 PM
- “Building Alaska” (DIY) at 9 PM
- “Total Bellas” (E!) at 9 PM
- “Worst Cooks in America” (Food) at 9 PM
- “When Calls the Heart” (Hallmark) at 8 PM
- “Meet the Peetes” (Hallmark) at 9 PM
- “True Detective” (HBO) at 9 PM
- “Crashing” (HBO) at 10 PM
- “High Maintenance” (HBO) at 10:30 PM
- “Beachfront Bargain Hunt” (HGTV) at 8 PM and 8:30 PM
- “Carribean Life” (HGTV) at 9 PM and 9:30 PM
- “Island Life” (HGTV) at 10 PM and 10:30 PM
- “American Pickers: Bonus Buys” (History) at 8 PM
- “Ridiculousness” (MTV) at 8 PM & 8:30 PM
- “Lost World of the Maya” (National Geographic) at 9 PM
- “Riddle of the Stone Age Giants” (National Geographic) at 10 PM
- “Deadly Cults” (Oxygen) at 8 PM
- “Lost Beasts of the Ice Age” (Science) at 8 PM and 9 PM
- “America’s Lost Vikings” (Science) at 10 PM
- “The Circus: Inside the Wildest Political Show on Earth” (Showtime) at 8 PM of (Showtime 2) at 8:30
- “Shameless” (Showtime) at 9 PM
- “Black Monday” (Showtime) at 10 PM
- “SMILF” (Showtime) at 10:30 PM
- “Air Disasters” (Smithsonian) at 8 PM
- “Disasters at Sea” (Smithsonian) at 9 PM
- “Counterpart” (STARZ) at 8 PM
- “Sister Wives” (TLC) at 8 PM
- “Seeking Sister Wife” (TLC) at 10 PM
- “Expedition Unknown” (Travel) at 9 PM