One of the most exciting weeks of the sports world begins today! It’s time for the NCAA March Madness tournament to kick off the round of 64. For non-basketball fans, Netflix dropped a documentary on french soccer phenom Antoine Griezmann, one of the great soccer players in the world. TCM has an excellent double feature with “The China Syndrome,” and “Network” tonight as well.
Pick of the Day
NCAA March Madness Basketball – All Day Starting at Noon
It’s time for the NCAA March Madness tournament! Check out NCAA College Basketball all day, starting at Noon on the East Coast. Gonzaga, Kentucky, Michigan, Kansas, and Florida State are some of the title contenders tipping off their tournament. Ja Morant will likely be the best player taking the court with 12-seed Murray State going up against 5-seed Marquette. For NBA fans, it is time to meet new prospects. For the rest of us, it’s time to lose money in our office pools. Get ready for one of the most exciting sporting events of the year as the NCAA March Madness tournament kicks off.
“Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend” on Netflix
Another program for sports fans around the world, Netflix premieres a documentary on French forward Antoine Griezmann. Griezmann plays for Atlético Madrid and the French national team. He played for the French National Team that just won the World Cup, where he won the Bronze Ball, Silver Boot, and Statistical Dream Team nomination. He’s even earned a pair of FIFA play of the year nominations. At only 27, he could very much win that prize someday. The documentary should be an excellent place for non-soccer fans to get to know one of the very best athletes in the world.
Movies on TV
“Network” on TCM at 10:15 PM
You may hear about “Network” at the next Tonys, but the original from Sidney Lumet still takes the cake. The winner of three acting prizes and a screenplay award could not take home Best Picture. However, 1976 might be the strongest Best Picture race of the 1970s. An absolute showcase, “Network” is a must-watch for any Oscar lover.
“The China Syndrome” on TCM at 8 PM
Three powerhouse performers went toe-to-toe in “The China Syndrome” from director James Bridges. Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon had each already won two Oscars. Michael Douglas had already won as a producer, but would not receive his first nomination for another decade. With nominations for Lemmon and Fonda, “The China Syndrome” kicks off a great double feature.
“The Untouchables” on BBC America at 8:30 PM
Before Kevin Costner directed “Dances with Wolves,” he became a movie star thanks to films like “The Untouchables” in 1987. One of Brian De Palma’s great crime films, Sean Connery would win his Oscar for playing Jim Malone. That would be “The Untouchables” only win of the night (out of four nominations), but a popcorn gangster flick was born.
There are plenty of other shows airing new episodes. Make sure you don’t miss the latest episodes of your favorite shows. Times may vary by local area. Please check your guide for the most accurate times.
- “Grey’s Anatomy“ (ABC) at 8 PM
- “Station 19” (ABC) at 9 PM
- “For the People” (ABC) at 10 PM
- “Superstore” (NBC) at 8 PM
- “AP Bio” (NBC) at 8:30 PM
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (NBC) at 9 PM
- “Will & Grace” (NBC) at 9:30 PM
- “Law & Order: SVU” (NBC) at 10 PM
- “Gotham” (Fox) at 8 PM
- “The Orville” (Fox) at 9 PM
- “The This Old House Hour” (PBS) at 8 PM
- “Supernatural” (CW) at 8 PM
- “Legacies” (CW) at 9 PM
- “The First 48” (A&E) at 8 PM, 9 PM, & 10 PM
- “Project Runway” (BRAVO) at 8 PM
- “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles” (BRAVO) at 9:30 PM
- “Broad City” (COMEDY) at 10 PM
- “The Other Two” (COMEDY) at 10:30 PM
- “Building Off the Grid” (Discover) at 9 PM
- “Alaskan Bush People: Off the Grid” (Discovery) at 10 PM
- “Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry” (E!) at 8 PM
- “Beat Bobby Flay” (FOOD) at 10 PM
- “Better Things” (FX) at 10 PM
- “Flip or Flop: Nashville” (HGTV) at 9 PM
- “House Hunters” (HGTV) at 10 PM
- “House Hunters: International” (HGTV) at 10:30 PM
- “Swamp People” (HISTORY) at 9 PM
- “Truck Night in America” (HISTORY) at 10 PM
- “Bring It!” (Lifetime) at 8 PM, 9 PM, 10:15 PM
- “Ex on the Beach” (MTV) at 8 PM
- “Game of Clones” (MTV) at 9 PM
- “Egypt with the World’s Greatest Explorer” (National Geographic) at 10 PM
- “Flack” (Pop) at 10 PM
- “Mega Machines: Sea Giants” (Science) at 8 PM & 9 PM
- “The Dead Files” (Travel) at 10 PM
- “Kindred Spirits” (Travel) at 11 PM
- “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (VH1) at 9 PM