Netflix and Lifetime dominate the new content this Friday. Tonight’s offerings range from a rock biopic, science fiction series and a pair of thrillers to keep one up at night. Why go out tonight when you can stay in and take a look at one of these TV options?
PICK OF THE DAY
“The Dirt” (Netflix)
Want to travel back to the glam rock scene of the ’80s? Netflix has you covered with their newest original movie. “The Dirt” chronicles Motley Crüe’s rise, fall and the crazy parties in between. Douglas Booth, Machine Gun Kelly, Daniel Webber and Iwan Rheon put on the makeup and slip into the leather to bring to life the infamous band members. The members of Motley Crüe aren’t the only celebs portrayed in the film. The film also features Ozzy Osbourne (Tony Cavalero), Heather Locklear (Rebekah Graf) and David Lee Roth (Christian Gehring). Based on the book “The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band” by Neil Strauss, the film doesn’t seem to shy away from the lowest, most infamous moments of the band’s history. Yes, this includes singer Vince Neil’s 1984 vehicular manslaughter charge and bassist Nikki Sixx’s 1987 drug overdose.
There are no brand new premieres tonight. However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t more shows returning, TV movies releasing or new episodes airing. Read on for more of what’s on TV.
“The OA” Season 2 (Netflix)
Is your mind still spinning since the first season of “The OA,” Netflix’s science fiction series? Well the long wait is over, as Netflix releases season two of the series. The motto is new season, new dimension. OA (Brit Marling) traverses between dimensions that range from her being a Russian heiress and her being Hap’s (Jason Isaacs) captive once again. While some things don’t change, the show’s second season promises twists, turns and new characters. One of the biggest new additions is Karim Washington (Kingsley Ben-Adir), a detective who crosses paths with OA on their search for a missing teen. This season also stacks up an impressive roster of guest stars, including Riz Ahmed, Vincent Kartheiser and Paz Vega, among others.
MOVIES & SPECIALS ON TV
Lifetime Movies doubles down on new movies this Friday. Up first is “Nightmare Tenant” at 8 p.m. ET. Ever have problems with a renter? Lifetime Movies has crafted a thriller around your experience. When her daughter moves out for college, one mother rents out her daughter’s old bedroom to a seemingly nice young woman. Turns out, she’s renting the room out to her daughter’s high school rival, and she carries a pretty big vendetta.
Haven’t had enough of Lifetime Movies’ chills and thrills? Stick around for their second original film, “Deadly Match,” at 10 p.m. ET. There’s plenty of scary things about online dating. For Trina (Alyssa Lynch), her online site becomes a big catch. However, despite its popularity, Trina shuts the site down once people misuse it as a prostitution hub. Yet, that’s not the end of the site. One of the site’s users winds up dead under suspicious circumstances. From here, Trina takes it upon herself to search through her site to find clues that might solve the murder.
Don’t worry, there’s even more new tonight on TV. See below for all the shows airing new episodes tonight.
- “Fresh Off the Boat” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Speechless” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “20/20” (ABC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Blindspot” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Blacklist” (NBC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Last Man Standing” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Cool Kids” (FOX) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Proven Innocent” (FOX) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Dynasty” (CW) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Live PD: Rewind” (A&E) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Animal Cribs” (Animal Planet) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Don’t Be Tardy…” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Strike Back” (Cinemax) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Gold Rush: Pay Dirt” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Gold Rush” (Discovery) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Sydney to the Max” (Disney Channel) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “America Says” (GSN) at 9 p.m. ET
- “My Lottery Dream Home” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Ancient Aliens: Declassified” (History) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Homicide on the Range” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Secrets of the Morgue” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Ridiculousness” (MTV) at 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Legendary Catch” (National Geographic) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Dateline: Secrets Uncovered” (Oxygen) at 7 p.m. ET
- “Sinkholes: Swallowed Alive” (Science) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Praise” (TBN) at 8 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 & 10 p.m. ET
- “Ghost Adventures” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Mama June: From Not to Hot” (WE) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Bridezillas” (WE) at 10 p.m. ET
What are you watching right now? Share with us in the comments below!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!