It’s no joke. April Fools Day features some exciting, buzzed about premieres. Chief among them is CBS All Access’ collaboration with producer Jordan Peele for a reboot of “The Twilight Zone,” which makes its first two episodes available on the streaming service. Just as “Us” makes waves in theaters, Peele looks to extend his domination to TV as well. However, that’s not the only exciting premiere, special or finale on TV tonight. Read through to see what else you should watch tonight.
PICK OF THE DAY
“THE TWILIGHT ZONE” (CBS ALL ACCESS)
It’s not enough to conquer the box office, Jordan Peele also wants to conquer the TV streaming space. Peele brings his talents to CBS All Access with the latest version of “The Twilight Zone.” This includes producing, narrating and hosting the show. Based on the landmark 1959 program, this latest version comes along during a new peak for anthology series. The first two episodes of the show are available today. The first, “Nightmare at 30,000 Feet,” finds Adam Scott and Chris Diamantopoulos trapped on a terrifying flight. Next, episode 2, “The Comedian,” centers around a comedian (Kumail Nanjiani) making a deal with a suspicious man (Tracey Morgan) who promises laughs. The remaining episodes will air weekly, beginning on Thursday, April 11.
“HOSTILE PLANET” (NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC) AT 9 P.M. ET
Think winter is hard for us? The struggle is real for these intense animals. “Hostile Planet,” National Geographic’s latest show, focuses on the animals that endure the harshest of conditions. Whether it be snow leopards, golden eagles or mountain goats, the show gives us a peak at what extreme conditions certain animals must weather in order to survive. Make sure to cuddle up in a snug blanket and feel grateful you’re not out in the cold with scarce food. The first episode of “Hostile Planet” starts on National Geographic at 9 p.m. ET.
Anime fans rejoice. Netflix drops Season One of “Ultraman,” their newest CGI Anime show, tonight in its entirety. The title refers to an ancient defender, a “Giant of Light,” who kept the world at peace. However, times have changed and Ultraman has left the world to its own devices. Now, the balance of good and evil has shifted and the world needs Ultraman again. The “Giant of Light” returns, albeit in much less giant form. Shinjiro Hayata, the possessor of Ultraman’s powers, is just an average high school student with a metallic suit. Will he be able to set the world right? Tune in to season one to see how it all turns out.
“MAGNUM P.I.” SEASON 1 FINALE (CBS) AT 9 P.M. ET
It’s not easy filling the Hawaiian shirts that Tom Selleck left behind. However, CBS’ “Magnum P.I.” reboot has weathered mixed reviews for a solid enough first season. While it debuted with nearly 12 million viewers total, the back half of the season has consistently pulled in 8 million viewers total. Lead star Jay Hernandez finishes off his first season behind the shades and Hawaiian shirts tonight at 9 p.m. ET. Tune in to see if the show sticks its landing for its inaugural season. Don’t worry, “Magnum P.I.” will be back on next season, as CBS has already renewed the show for season two.
“GRAVE MYSTERIES” SEASON 2 FINALE (ID) AT 9 P.M. ET
Investigation Discovery puts another mystery to bed tonight. The second season of “Grave Mysteries” comes to a close tonight on ID at 9 p.m. ET. The show involves detectives catching killers through re-staging the crimes they have committed. Cases span from 2009 – 2015 and involve everything from home invasions, crimes of passion and digitally signaled premeditated acts. Using these digital clues, detectives are able to recreate the lives of the victims leading up to the crimes. Solve one last crime with “Grave Mysteries” tonight.
MOVIES & SPECIALS ON TV
“PENN & TELLER: APRIL FOOL US DAY 2019” (CW) AT 9 P.M. ET
Want to really get into the April Fools mode? CW has you covered. Everyone’s favorite comic magicians, Penn & Teller, are back with a new hour long April Fools special at 9 p.m. ET. This year, “Bachelor” host Chris Hardwick stars as their mark of choice. The duo prank Hardwick by sending him to the Las Vegas strip decked out as a grade-A magician. Is Hardwick able to magically win over the crowd? Will Penn & Teller get the last laugh? How many April Fools jokes will be made? All of these questions and more will be answered tonight during the special.
Feel fooled by your choices so far? Never fear. There are more new episodes to choose from here.
- “American Idol” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Fix” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Neighborhood” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Man With a Plan” (CBS) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Bull” (CBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Enemy Within” (NBC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Resident” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “9-1-1” (FOX) at 9 p.m. ET
- “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (CW) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Antiques Roadshow” (PBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Independent Lens” (PBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Shadowhunters” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Into the Badlands” (AMC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Vanderpump Rules” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Summer House” (Bravo) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” (Cooking) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Street Outlaws: Full Throttle” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Street Outlaws” (Discovery) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Nightly Pop” (E!) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Spring Baking Countdown” (Food Network) at 8 & 9 p.m. ET
- “Family Food Showdown” (Food Network) at 10 p.m. ET
- “America Says” (GSN) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Meet the Peetes” (Hallmark) at 10 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters” (HGTV) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Home Town” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters: International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Jesus: His Life” (History) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Knightfall” (History) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Betrayed” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Escaping Polygamy” (Lifetime) at 9 & 10 p.m. ET
- “Teen Mom 2” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Teen Mom” (MTV) at 10 p.m. ET
- “In Ice Cold Blood” (Oxygen) at 8 p.m. ET
- “How the Universe Works” (Science) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Outdaughtered” (TLC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Fear the Woods” (Travel Channel) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Paranormal 911” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Haunted Hospital” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Those Who Can’t” (TruTV) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” (VH1) at 8 p.m. ET
What are you watching on April Fools Day? Share with us in the comments below!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!