The Awards Circuit has been the premier entertainment and awards site since May 2008. It is Owned and Operated by Editor, Clayton Davis. AC also staffs an eclectic group of writers, all from different walks of life, all from different areas of the world.
Awards Circuit is committed to delivering unbiased news and awards coverage to both industry professionals and dedicated fans of film, television, music, and theatre. Our diverse team of writers provides an in-depth analysis of both American and international entertainment.
Meet the Editor & Owner
Clayton Davis is the esteemed Editor and Owner of AwardsCircuit.com. Born in Bronx, NY to a Puerto Rican mother and Black father, he’s been criticizing film and television for over a decade. Clayton is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association where he votes and attends the kick off to the awards season, the Critics Choice Awards. He also founded the Latino Entertainment Journalists Association, the first Latino-based critics’ organization in the United States. He’s also an active member of the African-American Film Critics Association, New York Film Critics Online, International Press Academy, Black Reel Awards, and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association. Clayton has been quoted and appeared in various outlets that include The New York Times, CNN.com, Variety, Deadline, Los Angeles Times, FOX 5, Bloomberg Television, AOL, Huffington Post, Bloomberg Radio, The Wrap, Slash Film, and the Hollywood Reporter.
MEET THE REST OF THE WRITERS
- J. Don Birnam
- Joseph Braverman
- Sam Coffey
- Alan French
- Adriana Gomez-Weston
- Toni Gonzales
- Christopher James
- Mark Johnson
- Joey Magidson
- RC Miller
- Selina Mixner
- Shane Slater
- Samantha Jean Sumampong
- Jessica White
The Awards Circuit is always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic, and just plain cool writers. The Awards Circuit is one of the top internet sites for all things entertainment, film, Oscars, and more. Please note that all the positions listed below begin as VOLUNTEER positions until a proven body of work is established.
All applicants must be over 21 years of age.
E-mail: [email protected]
- Contributing columnist
- TV reviewer and recapper
- News Reporter
COLLEGE INTERNSHIP (SEMESTER)
- Vetting and fact-checking information for stories.
- Sourcing news stories
- Copy editing and proofing.
- Image cropping, scaling, and creation.
- Write a monthly Op-Ed piece on the state of the entertainment business from the college student perspective.
- Sit in on content meetings and provide ideas and feedback.
- A possibility of a guest spot on one of our highly popular podcasts.
- Need to have extensive knowledge of AP style guidelines.
- Be available for 10 hours per week.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or any other type of image software is a plus.
- Must have extensive knowledge and passion for film and television.
- Must be able to participate in video conference calls every week for up to 1 hour.
Send resume and three writing samples to [email protected]