2014 OSCAR PREDICTIONS: BEST ACTRESS
(UPDATED: FEBRUARY 28, 2014)
FINAL PREDICTIONS: Cate Blanchett continues to dominate in the biggest way that she can. Now, we have a contender in Amy Adams, the only one in the category that has never won. She also stars in one of the Best Picture frontrunners and those who put that film on top, will likely go for her. ”Blue Jasmine” has no BP nomination to pull in extra votes. There is also all this “Woody Allen-Molestation” cloud that is dampening her campaign. Sandra Bullock and “Gravity” are also building steam. A sweep is not out of the realm of possibility. She’s the pure success story of “Gravity.” The BAFTA win for Blanchett is the nail in her name plate.
AND THE NOMINEES ARE:
- Cate Blanchett - Blue Jasmine
The critical favorite. Winning everything. No one seems to come close with her acclaim and citations.
- Sandra Bullock - Gravity
People were very surprised how good she really was. Her best turn yet. If they’re going for “Gravity” in Picture, I’d say she follows on in.
- Amy Adams - American Hustle
5 nominations and still Oscar-less. That’s got to be holding some weight with voters.
- Judi Dench - Philomena
A light choice that AMPAS. Her film is also nominated for Picture.
- Meryl Streep - August: Osage County
She’s the Oscar Queen but she’s won recently.
WHO MISSED THE CUT?
- Emma Thompson - Saving Mr. Banks
They simply just didn’t like “Saving Mr. Banks” at all..
- Adèle Exarchopoulos - Blue is the Warmest Color
Too graphic in nature for the Academy.
- Brie Larson - Short Term 12
Not enough voters saw it. If they did, she’d be there.
- Julie Delpy - Before Midnight
Her citation came in Adapted Screenplay.
- Kate Winslet - Labor Day
Her film’s poor reception held any hope back.
- Berenice Bejo - The Past
- Julia-Louis Dreyfus - Enough Said
- Greta Gerwig - Frances Ha
- Shailene Woodley - The Spectacular Now
- Rooney Mara - Ain’t Them Bodies Saints
- Felicity Jones - The Invisible Woman
- Paulina Garcia - Gloria
- Sophie Nelisse - The Book Thief
- Scarlett Johansson - Don Jon
- Amanda Seyfried - Lovelace
- Lake Bell - In a World…
- Carey Mulligan - The Great Gatsby
- Robin Weigert - Concussion
- Rachel McAdams - About Time
- Naomi Watts - Diana
- Ziyi Zhang - The Grandmaster
- Rooney Mara - Side Effects
- Amy Seimetz - Upstream Color
- Tashiana Washington - Gimme the Loot
- Audrey Tautou - Thérèse
- Rosemarie DeWitt - Touchy Feely
- Lindsay Brudge - A Teacher
- Danai Gurira - Mother of George
- Veerle Baetens - The Broken Circle Breakdown
- Gaby Hoffman - Crystal Fairy
- Katie Chang - The Bling Ring
- Alexandra Roach - One Chance
- Olga Kurylenko - To the Wonder
- Andrea Riseborough - Shadow Dancer
- Toni Collette - The Way, Way Back
GO AND CHECK OUT OTHER CATEGORIES:
PICTURE | DIRECTOR | LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS | ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE | PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN | FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING | SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS | ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG | DOCUMENTARY FEATURE | FOREIGN LANGUAGE | LIVE ACTION SHORT | ANIMATED SHORT | DOCUMENTARY SHORT