The Academy Awards are tonight and it’s our “favourite” night of the year here on AwardsCircuit (see what we did there?). We are here to discuss it all with you as it all unravels. Down below is the place for you to participate in our LIVE chat.
We’ll be there all night long and immediately following the Oscars, we will have an instant podcast to discuss the evening’s events. You can submit questions for that episode in the chat or in the comments below.
You can see the official site predictions one last time below, or head over to THE CIRCUIT HUB to see the ranking for each category as you enter your Oscar pool.
If you want a more explained breakdown of the predictions, check out the final Oscar Circuit from last week.
Make sure to make YOUR official Oscar Predictions in our CIRCUIT CENTER before the Oscars begin this evening at 8:00 PM ET.
ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS:
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Regina King, “If Beale Street Could Talk”
- BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING: “Vice”
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: “Free Solo”
- BEST COSTUME DESIGN: “Black Panther”
- BEST FILM EDITING: “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN: “Black Panther”
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: “Roma” (Alfonso Cuaron)
- BEST SOUND EDITING: “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- BEST SOUND MIXING: “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: “Roma” (Mexico)
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Mahershala Ali, “Green Book”
- BEST ANIMATED FEATURE: “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
- BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT: “Skin”
- BEST ANIMATED SHORT: “Bao”
- BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT: “Period. End of Sentence”
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: “First Man”
- BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: “Green Book”
- BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: “BlacKkKlansman”
- BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: “Black Panther”
- BEST ORIGINAL SONG: “Shallow” from “A Star is Born”
- BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: Rami Malek, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE: Olivia Colman, “The Favourite”
- BEST DIRECTOR: Alfonso Cuaron, “Roma”
- BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR: “Green Book”
FINAL OSCAR PREDICTIONS
(updated Feb. 19, 2019)
“The Favourite” (Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Yorgos Lanthimos, Lee Magiday)
Alfonso Cuarón, “Roma”
Rami Malek, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Glenn Close, “The Wife”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Mahershala Ali, “Green Book”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Rachel Weisz, “The Favourite”
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
“The Favourite” (Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
“BlacKkKlansman” (Spike Lee, David Rabinowitz, Charlie Wachtel, Kevin Willmott)
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” (Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller)
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
“The Favourite” (Fiona Crombie, Alice Felton)
“Roma” (Alfonso Cuarón)
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
“The Favourite” (Sandy Powell)
BEST FILM EDITING
“Bohemian Rhapsody” (John Ottman)
BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
“Mary Queen of Scots” (Jenny Shircore, Marc Pilcher, Jessica Brooks)
BEST SOUND MIXING
“Bohemian Rhapsody” (John Casali, Paul Massey, Tim Cavagin)
BEST SOUND EDITING
“Bohemian Rhapsody” (John Warhurst)
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
“Ready Player One” (Roger Guyett, Grady Cofer, Matthew Butler, David Shirk)
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
“BlacKkKlansman” (Terence Blanchard)
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Shallow” from “A Star Is Born” (Music and Lyric by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt)
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
“Free Solo” (Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Jimmy Chin, Evan Hayes, Shannon Dill)
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
BEST ANIMATED SHORT
“Animal Behaviour” (David Fine, Alison Snowden)
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
“End Game” (Rob Epstein, Jeffrey Friedman)
BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT
“Marguerite” (Marianne Farley, Marie-Hélène Panisset)
Check out the official Oscar predictions on THE CIRCUIT HUB and see how many we got right!
To learn more about The Circuit Hub, Circuit Center, expansion plans, or to book an interview with its owner and founder Clayton Davis, contact [email protected], call (929) 777-8325, or visit the website at http://hub.awardscircuit.com.
If you find any technical issues on the site, please e-mail [email protected].
ABOUT AWARDS CIRCUIT
The Awards Circuit has been the premier entertainment and awards site since May 2008. It is owned and operated by Editor-in-Chief Clayton Davis. AC also staffs an eclectic group of writers, all from different walks of life, and all from different areas of the world.
Awards Circuit is committed to delivering unbiased news and awards coverage to both industry professionals and dedicated fans of film, television, music, and theatre. Our diverse team of writers provides an in-depth analysis of both American and international entertainment.
ABOUT CLAYTON DAVIS
Clayton Davis is the esteemed Editor and Owner of AwardsCircuit.com. Born in Bronx, NY to a Puerto Rican mother and Black father, he’s been criticizing film and television for over a decade. Clayton is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association where he votes and attends the kick-off to the awards season, the Critics’ Choice Awards. He’s also an active member of New York Film Critics Online, International Press Academy, Black Reel Awards and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association. Clayton has been quoted and appeared in various outlets, including The New York Times, CNN.com, Variety, Deadline, Los Angeles Times, Bloomberg Television, AOL, Huffington Post, Bloomberg Radio, The Wrap, Slash Film and The Hollywood Reporter.
# # #