The year came and went presenting some of the best works seen by directors, actors, composers, cinematographers, and other craftsman. This week we’ll be recapping the year presenting my choices in the best in film. Since our revamp, the design lends itself to other artistic choices and expansion of categories for both myself and the readership. Giving you rundown of the next few days as we kick of 2012 in Awards Circuit Style!
Sunday – Editor’s Honorable Mentions
Monday – Awards Circuit Community Award Ballots Open!
Tuesday – Editor’s Special Awards (Scenes, Genres, Posters, etc.)
Wednesday – Davis’ Award Nominations for Year 2011
Thursday – Awards Circuit Staff’s Top Ten of 2011
Friday – Editor’s Top Ten and Davis’ Award Winners.
ACCA Ballots will close Sunday, January 15, 2011 @ Midnight ET. Here are some changes (positive ones) to the ballots for this year’s ceremony.
- The following categories will be open to all for voting and consideration:
- Best Motion Picture
- Best Achievement in Directing
- Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Cast Ensemble
- Best Original Screenplay
- Best Adapted Screenplay
- Best Achievement in Art Direction
- Best Achievement in Cinematography
- Best Achievement in Costume Design
- Best Achievement in Film Editing
- Best Achievement in Visual Effects
- Best Achievement in Sound
- Best Original Score
- Best Animated Feature of the Year
- Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
- Best Documentary Feature Film
- Additional categories that were added: Documentary Feature, Art Direction, Costume Design, Sound
- All Voters will see a ballot with a certain number of film’s and performances listed with the ability to have “write-in” ballots. (If a ‘write-in’ is discovered for a film or performer, and the film is already listed, the vote WILL NOT count)
- ACCA voter can only vote ONE time per category.
- On each ballot, the voter can only choose FIVE films or performances except for Best Motion Picture, they can choose up to ten.
- Nominations will be announced Tuesday, January 17, 2011.
- Choose wisely when voting and spread the word.
Get ready and get excited. We’re kicking off 2012 with a bang! If you want to start your “FYC conversations, now is the time in the comment section.