It’s our 20th episode!!!
We’re diving a bit deeper into the Oscar race and trying to sift out the contenders from the pretenders. Accompaning myself is Terence, Joey, and Mark as we dish on the race and what we could or could not see happening at this juncture. We’re talking to following:
- TIFF Purchases – What could still come out this year? Is there room for “Imogene” or “Stories We Tell?” Is it telling that Terrence Malick’s “To the Wonder” has yet to be picked up?
- We get into Best Picture. We argue there are three spots taken in the category, “Argo,” “Silver Linings Playbook,” and “Beasts of the Southern Wild.” Could they ignore “The Master?” or could they embrace the crowd pleasing films like “Moonrise Kingdom” or the high-buzzed, “Amour?”
- Speaking of “Amour” – Could we have our first Foreign Language Best Picture winner?
- Is Joaquin Phoenix’s Oscar assured, or will they remember his rapping antics from “I’m Still Here?”
- We introduce a new segment: “Bitch Stole my Oscar!” – Who or what film that has won the Academy Award really belongs to someone else? We bring up quite a few examples. I’m sure you have some too.
- We talk the Emmy Awards and what categories we’re interested in seeing unravel next Sunday. Also, we announce we’ll be having a LIVE Blog during the show.
- We announce the Winners of the Awards Circuit Community Awards: Best of the Decade (2000-2009)
Give a listen and as always, comment and discuss!