I can talk about some points from last night’s Q & A with director Tom Hooper and stars Amanda Seyfried, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, and Samantha Barks. Also, general shape of the race Oscar talk as it stands now.
- Lincoln and Argo have an official competitor in Hooper’s film. It could either tie or surpass Lincoln as the most nominated film on Oscar morning.
- Anne Hathaway wins Supporting Actress in a walk. Too much applause and crying all around during her number.
- Samantha Barks could join Hathaway in a Supporting Actress lineup but she needs precursors more than anything for the simple fact, she’s relatively unknown.
- Depending how much the Oscars LOVE Les Miserables will determine if Supporting Actors Russell Crowe and Eddie Redmayne stand a chance. One of them deserve a spot more than the other.
- Standing ovation when the credits rolled. RAPTUROUS applause as Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Tom Hooper’s names came on the screen.
- Hooper says he finished the film at 2 am the night before. He also lied and said we were the first crowd to see the film, not knowing we all knew SAG members saw a screening right before us.
- Film is nearly 3 hours. Not too sure because I never looked at the time which SAYS A LOT!
Review will be back up on December 11th or sooner, depending if Universal lifts the embargo. Talk among yourselves at the prospects of Les Miserables. Tomorrow, Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty will have its big unveil and can be spoken about tomorrow following the screening. Early word is it BLOWS the race WIDE-OPEN!
Comment and discuss!