Podcast: Play in new window | Download () | Embed
Subscribe: Android | Email | Google Podcasts |
It’s a lengthy podcast today but it’s Oscar-filled and we run through nearly every single category. Even talk about the Globes a bit.
- We work through the Shorts first. Has anyone seen them?
- Original Song – Who’s is it to lose?
- Original Score – Editor drops Desplat, so who can win? John Williams posed for Oscar #8123?
- Visual Effects – Where’ The Impossible? Overage of superhero films.
- Sound categories – Skyfall gaining steam. Is it Greg P. Russell’s time?
- Questions from the Readership.
- We talk about the early screenings of Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, with Terence finally catching up on Silver Linings Playbook and Anna Karenina.
- Film Editing – Matches with Picture? Action film-friendly?
- Costume Design – Posthumous win for Ishioka?
- Cinematography – Is there anyone that can trump Claudio Miranda? Does Roger Deakins lose again?
- Production Design – Les Miserables vs. Lincoln vs. Anna Karenina
- Animated Feature – Is it really Brave? Really?
- Supporting Actress – Anne Hathaway and her four guests.
- Supporting Actor – If Leonardo DiCaprio isn’t there, who wins?
- Lead Actress – Is their room for young Wallis, two foreign actresses, and two hot girls whose names start with a J?
- Lead Actor – Denzel Washington is vulnerable we think. What about Bradley Cooper? Richard Gere? Can Jackman really win?
- Director – Repeated winners? First-timer Ben Affleck?
- Picture – How many nominees will there be?
- Academy Idol Results! – The five films to make the Adapted cut and the 12 Wild Cards chosen! Voting opens Monday morning!