This episode is dedicated to the victims of San Bernadino, CA.
On the agenda today:
- Talking the big awards from the last week: National Board of Review, New York Film Critics Circle, Boston Online Film Critics, Boston Society of Film Critics, New York Film Critics Online, and Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
- With contenders like Michael Keaton (“Spotlight”), Paul Dano (“Love & Mercy”), Rooney Mara (“Carol”), and Alicia Vikander (“The Danish Girl”) popping up in categories otherwise campaigned for, what’s with all this category confusion?
- We’re talking the reviews for “The Revenant” and what that could mean to the Oscar race.
- Cinephile Showdowns and questions submitted by the readers.
- Academy Idol Top 12 Writers Week. What are the results? Do we use the save?