The shortlist for Best Visual Effects have been announced and we have a respectable ten films still in the running for the Academy Awards. Surprisingly left off the list was Ron Howard’s “In the Heart of the Sea” and Baltasar Kormakur’s “Everest,” two films I thought would remain firmly in the running.
If you looked at the last predictions update for Best Visual Effects on the Oscar Prediction pages, then you’ll see the top five are still firmly in the running. I believe they may get ambitious for a smaller, indie film like “Ex Machina” but I’m unsure which film it would replace.
Look at the list!
- “Ant-Man” (Marvel)
- “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (Marvel)
- “Ex Machina” (A24)
- “Jurassic World” (Universal)
- “Mad Max: Fury Road” (Warner Bros.)
- “The Martian” (20th Century Fox)
- “The Revenant” (20th Century Fox)
- “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (Walt Disney)
- “Tomorrowland” (Walt Disney)
- “The Walk” (Sony Pictures)
Check out the latest predictions for Best Visual Effects and see where these ten films rank!