Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!“, a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at@Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- In honor of Alfred Hitchcock’s birthday, we’re discussing his best movies, along with his most overrated and underrated.
- New trailers dropped that added to the Oscar conversation including Barry Jenkins’ “Moonlight,” Denis Villenueve’s “Arrival,” Robert Zemeckis’ “Allied,” and Gareth Edwards’ “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- The full slate for the New York Film Festival has been announced. We’re talking the lineup and our most anticipated.
- This weekend, we saw the opening of “Pete’s Dragon” and “Sausage Party.” We discuss their merits and our qualms.
- “Florence Foster Jenkins” from Stephen Frears also opened this weekend, putting Meryl Streep in line for her record 20th nomination. Is it good enough to pull in Hugh Grant?
- With summer winding down, what films from the July and August months have a shot with the Academy?
- We have your questions and comments to share as well. Send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold, and #CircuitBreaker Questions every week!
*REMINDER* – ACCA 1994 final ballot voting opens Tuesday.
Comment and Send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold, and #CircuitBreaker Questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED