CONFIRMED: ‘Ocean’s 8’ Set for June 2018 Release

Ocean’s 8” is looking to take over the summer in 2018. Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures just announced the film’s very fitting release date: June 8, 2018.

According to The Hollywood Reporter the film has a stacked cast. Sarah Paulson, Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Mindy Kaling are all headlining. In addition, music stars Rihanna and Awkwafina will also star in the film.

Carter, Bullock, Kaling and Blanchett were all long-rumored to be on board. The film has flip-flopped between the names “Ocean’s 8” and “Ocean’s Ocho,” but appears to be going by the former now.

Gary Ross (“The Hunger Games”) is directing, and the project will feature a script by Olivia Milch and Ross. The film is an all-female take on “Ocean’s 11,” but is not a sequel.

Reports claim that the story will center on a Met Gala heist, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Before officially signing on for the film, Carter spoke up about the project in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. “It’s a really good script — but I still don’t know if I’m going to be in it,” the actress told the outlet. “But it’s a great script, and it’s great for women. Just hilarious.”

In that same interview, Carter praised the decision to do an all-female take on the classic heist series. “When everyone says, ‘Well, most characters in commercial films can just as easily be played by a woman,’ well, I can tell you, it’s true,” she says. “That’s what they’ve just done with this.”

 

The film is going to start production in New York this month. Stay tuned for more info on “Ocean’s 8.”

Tell us: What do you think about the details surrounding “Ocean’s 8” so far? Will you go see the film when it opens on June 8, 2018? Let us know in the comments below!