Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at [email protected], and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Oscar nominations are on Tuesday, Jan. 24 and we’re preparing for it all. We’re discussing our final predictions in all of the Oscar categories with lots of questions:
- How many Best Picture nominees will there be?
- Is Garth Davis the final nominee in Best Director?
- Are Andrew Garfield (“Hacksaw Ridge”) and Viggo Mortensen (“Captain Fantastic”) safe?
- Are we due for a big snub in Best Actress? Is Isabelle Huppert’s win at the Golden Globes enough for her?
- Did the “Nocturnal Animals” surge propel Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Supporting Actor?
- Who has the goods to jump Octavia Spencer (“Hidden Figures”) in Supporting Actress?
- Is there a “Frozen River” or “Away from Her” in the screenplay categories?
- How many GKIDS films can sneak into Animated Feature?
- YOU VOTED! And we have your 2016 Awards Circuit Community Award nominations. See what film leads the fray and what performances received surprising support.
- We also have over a dozen questions from the readers regarding the nominations and potential surprises.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED