Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at [email protected], and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- We’re going over the trailers that dropped over the past week including Eli Roth’s “Death Wish,” Simon Curtis’ “Goodbye Christopher Robin,” Angelina Jolie’s “First They Killed My Father,” Netflix’s “American Vandal,” and Margaret Betts’ “Novitiate.”
- Kathryn Bigelow’s “Detroit” didn’t perform too well at the box office. What does it do for its Oscar chances? We also review the film, talking its highs and lows.
- We put two actors against each other, giving one an Oscar and the other NEVER having their time in the sun. Hear our controversial choices.
- Has there been a Comedy/Musical lineup at the Golden Globes that has outshined the Drama race?
- We bring one of the Twitter games to the podcast: 4 actors. You keep 3 and the one left off is eliminated from history along with ALL their films.
- Should there be a committee within AMPAS that decides LEAD or SUPPORTING?
- What’s the best movie TITLE of all-time?
- Announcing the 1992 Awards Circuit Community Award Nominations. How much did the readership line up with the Academy from 25 years ago? Are you still in the mood for “Scent of a Woman,” “Unforgiven,” or “My Cousin Vinny?”
THIS EPISODE IS EDITED BY DREW GRIFFIN.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN | FILM EDITING |
| MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING | SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |