Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- “Under the Silver Lake” moves to 2019
- “The Other Side of the Wind” from Orson Welles opened on streaming services. What will it do?
- Magnolia Pictures launched their FYC site and didn’t send out the awards season “brick” this year, and instead, sent out digital screeners. We go over their slate that includes “RBG,” “Shoplifters,” and “Dogman.”
- British Independent Film Award nominations were announced where “The Favourite” led. Is this the strong start that it needed?
- Gabriela Rodriguez, producer of “Roma,” is poised to become the first Hispanic woman nominated for Best Picture. Woman representation is on the rise but still has a long way to go. We discuss.
- People seem very confident that Spike Lee could be the one to beat in Best Director. How many categories can “BlackKklansman” show up in below-the-line?
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.
Be sure to check out the Official Oscar Predictions Page to see where the contenders rank!