The 46th Telluride Film Festival announced its complete festival lineup Thursday. Selections include Tom Harper’s “The Aeronauts,” the Renée Zellweger vehicle “Judy,” Terrence Malick’s “A Hidden Life” and the Cannes award-winning “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” from Céline Sciamma.
Benny and Josh Safdie’s new film “Uncut Gems,” their follow up to 2017’s feature “Good Time,” will see its world premiere at Telluride. The film puts comedian and actor Adam Sandler front and center in a crime drama ahead of its Toronto International Film Festival premiere September 9. Other titles slated for the Colorado festival include Oscar-winning director Pedro Almodóvar’s “Pain and Glory,” the film that won Antonio Banderas the top acting prize at Cannes earlier this year and a straight shot into the awards chatter. The late but great Agnès Varda will have her reflective last project, “Varda by Agnès” screening at the festival.
Telluride Film Festival takes place Friday, August 30 – Monday, September 2, 2019. Find the program lineup below.
• THE AERONAUTS (d. Tom Harper, U.S. – U.K., 2019)
• THE ASSISTANT (d. Kitty Green, U.S., 2019)
• THE AUSTRALIAN DREAM (d. Daniel Gordon, Australia, 2019)
• BEANPOLE (Kantemir Balagov, Russia, 2019)
• THE CLIMB (d. Michael Angelo Covino, U.S., 2019)
• COUP 53 (d. Taghi Amirani, U.K., 2019)
• DIEGO MARADONA (d. Asif Kapadia, U.K., 2019)
• FAMILY ROMANCE, LLC (d. Werner Herzog, U.S. – Japan, 2019)
• FIRST COW (d. Kelly Reichardt, U.S., 2019)
• FORD v FERRARI (d. James Mangold, U.S., 2019)
• JUDY (d. Rupert Goold, U.K.-U.S., 2019)
• A HIDDEN LIFE (d. Terrence Malick, U.S. – Germany, 2019)
• THE HUMAN FACTOR (d. Dror Moreh, U.K., 2019)
• INSIDE BILL’S BRAIN (d. Davis Guggenheim, U.S., 2019)
• THE KINGMAKER (Lauren Greenfield, U.S., 2019)
• LYREBIRD (d. Dan Friedkin, U.S., 2019)
• MARRIAGE STORY (d. Noah Baumbach, U.S., 2019)
• MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN (d. Edward Norton, U.S., 2019)
• OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE (d. Ric Burns, U.S., 2019)
• PAIN AND GLORY (d. Pedro Almodóvar, Spain, 2019)
• PARASITE (d. Bong Joon-ho, South Korea, 2019)
• PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE (d. Céline Sciamma, France, 2019)
• THE REPORT (d. Scott Z. Burns, U.S., 2019)
• TELL ME WHO I AM (d. Ed Perkins, U.K., 2019)
• THOSE WHO REMAINED (d. Barnabás Toth, Hungary, 2019)
• THE TWO POPES (d. Fernando Meirelles, U.K., 2019)
• UNCUT GEMS (d. Josh Safdie, Benny Safdie, U.S., 2019)
• VARDA BY AGNÈS (d. Agnès Varda, France, 2019)
• VERDICT (d. Raymond Ribay Gutierrez, Philippines, 2019)
• WAVES (d. Trey Edward Schultz, U.S., 2019)
This year’s Silver Medallion Awards, “given to recognize an artist’s significant contribution to the world of cinema,” will be presented to Renée Zellweger, Adam Driver and Philip Kaufman.
The following revival programs will also screen at Telluride.
• LATE AUTUMN (d. Yasujirō Ozu, Japan, 1960)
• THE MAKIOKA SISTERS (d. Kon Ichikawa, Japan, 1983)
• MR. AND MRS. IYER (d. Aparna Sen, India, 2002)
• UNDER THE SUN (d. Vitaly Mansky, Czech Republic-Russia-Germany-Latvia-North Korea, 2015)
• WHEN A WOMAN ASCENDS THE STAIRS (d. Mikio Naruse, Japan, 1960