Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- It’s that time! The annual “FINAL” Oscar Predictions podcast. The entire team is on discussing all the categories with an emphasis on some of the most wide open races.
- How many Best Picture nominees will there be? Is there a “Phantom Thread” in the works?
- How diverse will our Best Director lineup be, and is there room for a Ben Affleck-level type snub?
- Did SAG get most of the acting races correct? Can the vulnerable John David Washington (“BlacKkKlansman”), Emily Blunt (“Mary Poppins Returns”), Timothee Chalamet (“Beautiful Boy”), or Melissa McCarthy hold on?
- Supporting Actress is in flux, and we just don’t know who is on the table anymore of the nine contenders. Is there room for Thomasin McKenzie (“Leave No Trace”) to surprise?
- The screenplay races seem to both have six contenders vying for five spots. Usually, that means, two big ones missing in each.
- The tech races are always a question mark, but with the bakeoffs announcing, we have a bit more guidance. Film Editing remains the most challenging race to predict, and we may be foreseeing a 2 or 3 film overlap in the sound categories.
COMMENT AND SEND IN #CINEPHILESHOWDOWNS, #DELETETHEACTOR,
#CHOOSETHEGOLD, AND #ACCIRCUITBREAKER QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.