Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
On the agenda:
- What were the first alcoholic drinks we ever purchased?
- READER QUESTION: If we mixed up the 2018 Best Picture nominees’ directors, who would we want to see director the other filmmakers’ movie?
- In celebration of the new Oscar Prediction updates, we are previewing the first crop of 2019 films that could be in contention this year: “Harriet” from Kasi Lemmons, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” from Quentin Tarantino, “A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood” from Marielle Heller, “The Irishman” from Martin Scorsese, “The Goldfinch” from John Crowley, “Ford V. Ferrari” from James Mangold, “The Report” from Scott Z. Burns, “The Last Thing He Wanted” from Dee Rees, “Gemini Man” from Ang Lee, “The Pope” from Fernando Meirelles, “Little Women” from Greta Gerwig, “The Laundromat” from Steven Soderbergh, “Rocketman” from Dexter Fletcher, “Dolemite is My Name” from Craig Brewer, “Queen & Slim” from Melina Matsoukas, “Waves” from Trey Edward Schults, “Bergman Island” from Mia Hansen-Love, “The Kitchen” from Andrea Berloff, “Jojo Rabbit” from Taika Waititi, and “The King” from David Michôd.
- Steven Spielberg has spoken out about Netflix and its eligibility for the Academy Awards. We discuss these issues.
- Circuit Madness is about to start with Directors and we’re giving a quick preview.
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.