Tonight marks the end of two very different limited series options. Patty Jenkins’ TNT mystery thriller “I Am The Night” airs its concluding episode tonight. While on a much shorter run than even that limited series, HBO concludes its two part documentary series “Leaving Neverland” tonight. As some shows leave, this only leaves room for new premieres to come through. Check what’s on tonight and keep coming back to Awards Circuit to see what’s new, premiering and ending on TV.
PICK OF THE DAY
“Leaving Neverland” (HBO) at 8 p.m. ET
Superstar Michael Jackson weathered two high profile cases alleging child molestation in 1993 and 2005. Though Jackson died in 2009, further survivors have come forward to talk about the abuse they weathered at the hands of Jackson. Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck are two such men. Their stories of Jackson grooming and having a sexual relationship with them at ages 7 and 10, respectively are chronicled in “Leaving Neverland,” the 2 part documentary on HBO. Tonight, the final 2-hour chapter airs at 8 p.m. ET. While it features graphic detail of the alleged abuse, the documentary remains a must see. Catch up on the first part (which aired yesterday) and make sure to see tonight’s finale.
Among premieres, there’s very little that begins tonight. Those looking to explore Mayan ruins can go to National Geographic at 9 p.m. ET. The premiere of “Lost Treasures of the Maya” takes viewers to a remote Mayan ruins to uncover stories of secret alters and wars of long ago. Don’t want to travel that far? New adventures might be lurking in your own home, according to the Travel Channel’s new show, “Paranormal 911.” People who experience paranormal hauntings turn to this show to investigate the supernatural forces attached to them. The show premieres at 9 p.m. ET on the Travel Channel.
Want to party with Bravo? The season three premiere of “Summer House” invites you over for a real rager at 10 p.m. ET. The reality show follows a group of New York friends who share a Hamptons beach house during the summer weekends. This season finds additional friends signing up for residence in the house, while our initial crew still struggles with tensions from the previous summer. Sun, booze and lots of drama ensue.
Speaking of drama, Investigation Discovery’s returning show “Betrayed” exudes it from the title. However, this reality show takes place in a much less fun place than a Hamptons beach home. The show follows real people about to die due to the secrets, jealousies and vengeful actions of those closest to them. The first episode of this new season finds a two time divorcee taking life in her hands for once only to wind up murdered. Season three of the series premieres at 10 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery.
We shouldn’t be too far off from uncovering all the mysteries of Flora’s (India Eisley) parentage. TNT’s latest limited series, “I Am The Night,” ends its six episode run tonight at 9 p.m. ET. The series, directed by Patty Jenkins, has garnered some positive reviews. Star Chris Pine, as grizzled journalist Jay Singletary, receives the majority for the praise as the mystery slowly reveals itself. The series was based on the book “One Day She’ll Darken: The Mysterious Beginnings of Fauna Hodel,” written by Fauna Hodel herself.
MOVIES/SPECIALS ON TV
Refugees from Syria and Afghanistan seek safety from foreign lands in “Inside My Heart,” Starz’s latest documentary. The film spans three years as it chronicles a variety of different families struggle for survival. Their old lives decimated by war, these mothers and fathers fight for a future generation to grow up without the hardships they have faced. Currently, the refugee crisis has affected 68 million people, besting even the numbers seen during World War II. The documentary premieres tonight on Starz at 9 p.m. ET.
Not finding what you want above? Don’t worry. There are plenty more new episodes airing tonight. Check them out below.
- “The Bachelor” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Good Doctor” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Man With a Plan” (CBS) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Magnum P.I.” (CBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Bull” (CBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Enemy Within” (NBC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Resident” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Passage” (FOX) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Arrow” (CW) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Black Lightning” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Shadowhunters” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Vanderpump Rules” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” (Cooking Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Street Outlaws: Full Throttle” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Street Outlaws” (Discovery) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Kids Baking Championship” (Food Network) at 8 p.m. & 9 p.m. ET
- “Winner Cake All” (Food Network) at 10 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters” (HGTV) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Home Town” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters: International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “American Pickers” (History) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Pawn Stars” (History) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Grave Mysteries” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Teen Mom 2” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club” (MTV) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Wicked Tuna” (Outdoor) at 8 p.m. & 9 p.m. ET
- “In Ice Cold Blood” (Oxygen) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Killer Couples” (Oxygen) at 9 p.m. ET
- “How the Universe Works” (Science) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Counting On” (TLC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Fear the Woods” (Travel Channel) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Haunted Hospital” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Jon Glaser Loves Gear” (TruTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Fatal Attraction” (TV One) at 9 p.m. ET
- “For My Man” (TV One) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Love & Hip Hop New York” (VH1) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Love & Hip Hop Miami” (VH1) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Cartel Crew” (VH1) at 10 p.m. ET