The theme of this Wednesday is murder. Whether it be true crime, murder mystery or crimes against music, this Wednesday dials up the body count. Hulu and Freeform both premiere new high profile shows tonight. While those networks launch new shows, the CW wraps up another season of “All American.” Add on plenty of movies and new episodes and you get a packed Wednesday evening. Keep reading to find out what’s on TV tonight.
PICK OF THE DAY
“The Act” (Hulu)
Fans of true crime and fans of “Terms of Endearment” mother-daughter stories now have something to watch together. Hulu’s latest streaming limited series, “The Act,” chronicles the internet sensation murder of Dee Dee Blanchard at the hands of her daughter Gypsy Rose. Dee Dee had convinced Gypsy Rose her entire life that she had a variety of different illnesses. However, once Gypsy Rose realized she wasn’t handicapped or suffering from certain ailments, she began to rebel against her mother. Their mother-daughter relationships soon took on a more hostile captor-prisoner vibe, culminating in the titular act. Patricia Arquette gives yet another grand limited series performance. Meanwhile, Joey King shines as Gypsy Rose Blanchard. The first two episodes debut tonight, with the remaining six following each Wednesday.
“Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
Couldn’t get enough “Pretty Little Liars?” Good news! Freeform premieres the new spinoff tonight at 8 p.m. ET. “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists” follows the second book in the series (“The Perfectionists” by Sara Shepard) and acts as the sequel to the hit original. Though Sasha Pieterse and Janel Parrish will reprise their roles, this show features a whole new cast. Once again, the show revolves around a murder mystery. This one takes place in the idyllic town of Beacon Heights. The pressure to be perfect among the overachieving residents causes someone to break and commit murder. Who’s behind it? Tune in to find out.
“All American” finishes its freshman season at 9 p.m. ET on CW. Based on the life of NFL linebacker Spencer Paysinger, the show centers on a high schooler, Spencer James (Daniel Ezra), whose football talents lead him from South Central High to Beverly Hills High School. However, though they are in the same city, Spencer finds that they are worlds different. In the season finale, Spencer struggles to find strength after a setback before the championship game. Meanwhile, Billy (Taye Diggs), Spencer’s recruiter, fights to get his family back while getting everything in line for the championship game.
MOVIES & SPECIALS ON TV
Can’t make it to a Michael Bublé concert? NBC has you covered. The singer’s special,“Bublé,” airs at 10 p.m. ET. The special finds the singer taking us through his “Love” album. In between new songs and old favorites, Bublé also shares story of his rise to fame. All this comes with a 36 piece orchestra accompanying him. Is that enough of a showcase?
For those not interested in crooners, they can turn their attention to some movies airing against it on other channels. For those catching up on their 2019 releases, make sure to check out the conversion therapy drama “The Miseducation of Cameron Post,” by Desiree Akhavan. The titular protagonist, Cameron (Chloe Grace Moretz), winds up in a conversion therapy camp after being outed to her religious family. While there, she bonds with some of the other members of the camp as they struggle to make it through. It’s a powerful portrayal of a shameful religious practice that still persists today. The film starts at 9:45 p.m. ET on HBO.
Not into murder or Michael Buble? Perhaps you’ll find something else to watch among the other new episodes airing tonight (see below).
- “The Goldbergs” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Schooled” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Modern Family” (ABC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Single Parents” (ABC) at 9:30 p.m. ET
- “Whiskey Cavalier” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Survivor” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “SEAL Team” (CBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Empire” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Star” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Riverdale” (CW) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Zombie House Flipping” (A&E) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Tiny House Flipping” (A&E) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Lone Star Law: Uncuffed” (Animal Planet) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Real Housewives of New York City” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Deal or No Deal” (CNBC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Moonshiners” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Moonshiners: Whiskey Business” (Discovery) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Botched” (E!) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Guy’s Grocery Games” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “America Says” (GSN) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Property Brothers” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire: Cutting Deeper” (History) at 8 p.m. ET
- “See No Evil” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “In Pursuit with John Walsh” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Project Runway All Stars” (Lifetime) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “American Beauty Star” (Lifetime) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Ridiculousness” (MTV) at 8 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. ET
- “The Challenge” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “If Loving You Is Wrong” (OWN) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Schitt’s Creek” (POP) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Sinkholes: Swallowed Alive” (Science) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Magicians” (Syfy) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Deadly Class” (Syfy) at 10 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Dr. Pimple Popper” (TLC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Snoop Dogg Presents The Joker’s Wild” (TNT) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Mysteries at the Museum” (Travel Channel) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Beyond the Unknown” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Paranormal Caught on Camera” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Black Ink Crew” (VH1) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Gone” (WGN America) at 9 p.m. ET