Today is a day bound for madness. March Madness, that is. The March Madness championship airs tonight and is what most of the television buzz will be. However, while a basketball team will be crowned with a championship, there are other types of royalty that cane be viewed. Be sure to check out what’s available on television for today.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“The Princess Diaries” on E! at 8 P.M. EST
The late, great director Garry Marshall had a habit of discovering movie stars. With “Pretty Woman,” he made Julia Roberts a household name. In addition, when he cast Anne Hathaway in “The Princess Diaries,” she then became an immediate movie star. This enjoyable family comedy is celebrating its eighteenth anniversary this year. So, if you still haven’t seen it, this is highly recommended. For what it’s worth, it has acting royalty Julie Andrews and a scene-stealing Sandra Oh.
“NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament” (CBS) at 9 P.M. EST
Undoubtedly, the biggest television event airing tonight. After weeks of bracket filling and dreams getting crushed, it all comes down to this. The end of March Madness has come and it’ll be satisfying for those who enjoy this time of year and even those glad it’s finally over. Either way, the championship match between Texas Tech and Virginia should be quite seismic.
MOVIES ON TV:
“Se7en” (BBC) at 8 P.M. EST
While he has directed films beforehand, “Se7en” is the film that helped David Fincher become, well, David Fincher. It is an atmospheric thrill ride about two detectives hunting a killers whose methods pertain to the Seven Deadly Sins. In addition, both Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman are exemplary as the detectives in pursuit of their John Doe.
“Blockers” (HBO) at 9 P.M. EST
“Blockers” was easily the most mismarketed film of last year. The previews made it seem like a simple raunchy teen comedy. However, it ended up having more heart than expected. It does have plenty of crude humor. But it still manages to have plenty of surprising depth. In Joey Magidson’s review of the movie, he goes into how the film is smarter than it lets on.
If none of these offerings interest you, be sure to check out what else is in store.
- “American Idol” (ABC) at 8:00 pm EST
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Antiques Roadshow” (PBS) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Legends of Tomorrow” (CW) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Alaska: The Last Frontier: The Frozen Edge” (Animal Planet) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Anderson Cooper 360” (CNN) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Shadowhunters” (Freeform) at 8:00 pm EST
- “House Hunters” (HGTV) at 8:00 pm EST
- “Vanderpump Rules” (Bravo) at 9:00 pm EST
- “Street Outlaws” (Discovery) at 9:00 pm EST
- “The Rachel Maddow Show” (MSNBC) at 9:00 pm EST
- “Teen Mom 2” (MTV) at 9:00 pm EST and 10:01 pm EST
- “The Fix” (ABC) at 10:00 pm EST
- “The Enemy Within” (NBC) at 10:00 pm EST
- “Independent Lens” (PBS) at 10:00 pm EST
- “Summer House” (Bravo) at 10:00 pm EST
- “Nightly Pop” (E!) at 10:30 pm EST
What do you plan on watching tonight? Are you excited for the end of March Madness? Please share your thoughts in the comments section!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!