Wednesday night is filled with various horrors. Whether it be mummy tombs, Nazi treasure, child murders or just your favorite show ending its season, there’s something horrifying for everyone tonight. So travel to some far off locations or relax in the town of Schitt’s Creek tonight. Still stuck on what to choose? Check out what’s new, returning or ending tonight on TV.
PICK OF THE DAY
“SCHITT’S CREEK” SEASON 5 FINALE (POP) AT 10 P.M. ET
Break out your best Moira Rose (Catherine O’Hara) wig, it’s time for the final episode of “Schitt’s Creek” Season Five. What better way to close a season than with a musical? The finale centers around a performance of “Cabaret.” Unfortunately, its star, Alexis (Annie Murphy) is nowhere to be found prior to curtains. Meanwhile, her brother David (Dan Levy) attempts to make a big announcement, but struggles to command the attention of the family. The season finale airs at 10 p.m. ET on Pop. The show has been renewed for one more season on Pop. However, season six will be the show’s last. Make sure to savor the last bits of “Schitt’s Creek” left.
“IN THE DARK” (CW) at 8 P.M. ET
Who doesn’t love a good murder mystery? Then CW’s latest show, “In the Dark,” might be for you. Murphy (Perry Mattfeld), a blind 20-something, drifts through her 20s in a drunken haze. The only two things that break through the clutter are her friends – Tyson (Thamela Mpumlwana), a teenager who saved her from a mugging, and Jess (Brooke Markham), her roommate. Murphy’s world gets shaken up one night when taking a walk with her guard dog. She comes across a dead body in her apartment’s alleyway that she believes to be Tyler. By the time the police arrive, the body disappears. While her days used to be filled with benders, now Murphy commits her time to figure out Tyler’s death. CW’s “In the Dark” premieres tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
“MUMMIES UNWRAPPED” (DISCOVERY) at 10 P.M. ET
How much do you know about mummies? Whether you’re an expert or a novice looking to learn, Discovery has you covered. “Mummies Unwrapped” premieres tonight at 10:13 p.m. after the season six premiere for “Expedition Unknown” (see writeup later on). The show employs Mummy expert Ramy Romany to debunk various mysteries related to mummies. The premiere episode tonight goes to an underwater grave that is believed to be guarded by a Mayan serpent deity. What Romany finds in the grave may be even more frightening.
“DARK SIDE OF THE RING” (VICE) at 9 P.M. ET
What happens in the ring doesn’t always stay in the ring. Viceland’s latest docuseries “Dark Side of the Ring,” for lack of a better word, tackles various wrestling controversies. The first episode begins tonight at 9 p.m. ET. While wrestling focuses on fighting, this first episode deals with love. Specifically, it dives into the tragic love story of Randy “Macho Man” Savage and Miss Elizabeth, his former manager and fellow wrestler. The show then expands further to look at the “Von Erich curse,” based upon the Von Erich wrestling empire. All episodes are narrated by former wrestler Dutch Mantell.
“EXPEDITION UNKNOWN” SEASON 5 PREMIERE (DISCOVERY) at 9 P.M. ET
Over the past five seasons, host Josh Gates has taken us to so many exotic, far away locales. His show, “Expedition Unknown,” returns for its sixth season tonight on Discovery at 9 p.m. ET. Where in the world will Gates take us this season? On the premiere episode, the show travels to the former Third Reich. What’s the goal? Legend speaks of a Nazi fortune, started by Hitler’s private secretary. The key to finding it supposedly lies in a piece of sheet music. Will we solve the mystery of this hidden Nazi treasure? Tune in to find out.
“HOMICIDE CITY” SEASON 2 PREMIERE (ID) AT 10 P.M. ET
Every American city comes with a sordid history of murders. With its return for a second season, “Homicide City” broadcasts more tales of American crime murders straight from the recollection of the detectives who led the investigations. We begin season two in Philadelphia, as the show looks at the murder of 18-month-old Devon Manderach. While the police suspect the parents, even they aren’t ready for the horrific twists in store for them. The second season premieres at 10 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery.
MOVIES & SPECIALS ON TV
Can’t get enough of mummies tonight? You’re in luck. BBC America airs “The Mummy” at 8 p.m. ET. The 1999 Stephen Sommers film launched a franchise whose entries ranged from meh to yuck. However, the original accomplishes its mission of being a rolicking good time. The action/adventure film pairs Brendan Fraser with Rachel Weisz as an American adventurer and Egyptologies, respectively, who unwittingly unleash the wrath of Imhotep (Arnold Vasloo). Settle in and have a fun time traversing through the Egyptian deserts. Just make sure to stop after the first film in the franchise.
Haven’t found what you wanted to watch quite yet? Don’t worry. See below for a full list of shows with new episodes tonight.
- “The Goldbergs” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Schooled” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Modern Family” (ABC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Single Parents” (ABC) at 9:30 p.m. ET
- “Whiskey Cavalier” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Survivor” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Million Dollar Mile” (CBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “SEAL Team” (CBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Empire” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Star” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Jane the Virgin” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “The Act” (Hulu) Streaming
- “Nature” (PBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Ozone Hole: How We Saved The Planet” (PBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Zombie House Flipping” (A&E) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Tiny House Flipping” (A&E) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Lone Star Law: Uncuffed” (Animal Planet) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Real Housewives of New York City” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Guy’s Grocery Games” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “What We Do In The Shadows” (FX) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Going RV” (GAC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Property Brothers: Buying & Selling” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire: Cutting Deeper” (History) at 9 p.m. ET
- “See No Evil” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Brockmire” (IFC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Challenge” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Drugs, Inc.: The Fix” (National Geographic) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Drain the Oceans” (National Geographic) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Engineering Catastrophes” (Science) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Sinkholes: Swallowed Alive” (Science) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Magicians” (Syfy) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Happy!” (Syfy) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” (TBS) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Dr. Pimple Popper” (TLC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Mysteries at the Museum” (Travel Channel) at 8 p.m. ET
- “In Search of Monsters” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Paranormal Caught on Camera” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Impractical Jokers: Inside Jokes” (TruTV) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Black Ink Crew” (VH1) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Gone” (WGN America) at 9 p.m. ET
What are you watching tonight? Are you excited to see how “Schitt’s Creek” ends? Share with us in the comments below!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!