There might not be much new or returning content in store for today. However, today’s television options are of potentially Biblical proportions. One reason is because the new series “Bless This Mess” begins airing. Also, there are some film viewing options featuring megawatt movie stars. In fact, one of those films recently became a popular franchise. Here’s what’s on TV for today.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“John Wick” (Paramount) at 8:00 PM EST
“John Wick: Chapter 3” will be making its way into theaters next month. But until then, the first “John Wick” can be seen on television. In this film, Keanu Reeves plays the titular hitman out for revenge after the death of his dog. What follows is a thrill ride with nonstop action and organic world building. Because of its world building, it’s no wonder that it became a franchise after its initial financial success. In addition to two sequels, the film even spawned an upcoming television series. Only the star power of someone like Keanu Reeves could create such a success.
“Bless This Mess” (ABC) at 9:30 PM EST
In this new series, Lake Bell and Dax Shepard play a newlywed couple moving to rural Nebraska. Also, they end up abandoning the hustle and bustle of New York City. However, the transition from city to farm life proves to be more difficult than they realized. It seems like a typical, “fish out of water” premise. But for anyone who’s a fan of those actors, it could be a worthy watch. As an added bonus, it’s got veteran actor Ed Begley, Jr. and also, Pam Grier. In case you want more Pam Grier, you could give this a watch.
MOVIES ON TV:
“The Waterboy” (E!) at 8:00 PM EST
It goes without saying that Adam Sandler is a rather polarizing comedian. Particularly, because of the string of poorly received films he’s done as of late. However, “The Waterboy” is a solid reminder that not everything in his filmography is complete drek. While it’s not as memorable as “Happy Gilmore,” it’s still not “Jack and Jill“-level bad. It’s a worthy watch for diehard Sandler fans. But even if you’re not, you should still give it a shot.
“Goosebumps” (FXM) at 9:30 PM EST
“Goosebumps” offers both frights and laughs for the children. Also, it’s a nostalgia trip for anyone who grew up on the series from the 1990s or read the books. In this film, all of the monstrous creations from R.L. Stine come to life. In addition, Jack Black brings manic genius to his portrayal of the famed author. While its sequel may have been poorly received, “Goosebumps” is still a fun treat and not only good to watch on Halloween.
NEW TV EPISODES:
In case these programs aren’t enthusing, new episodes of these shows will be airing tonight.
- “NCIS” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EST
- “American Housewife” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EST
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EST
- “MasterChef Junior” (FOX) at 8:00 PM EST
- “The Flash” (The CW) at 8:00 PM EST
- “Anderson Cooper 360” (CNN) at 8:00 PM EST
- “The Bold Type” (Freeform) at 8:00 PM EST
- “The Kids Are Alright” (ABC) at 8:30 PM EST
- “FBI” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Black-ish” (ABC) at 9:00 PM EST
- “The Village” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Roswell, New Mexico” (The CW) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Teen Mom” (MTV) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Chopped” (Food Network) at 9:00 PM EST
- “The Rachel Maddow Show” (MSNBC) at 9:00 PM EST
- “NCIS: New Orleans” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EST
- “The Rookie” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EST
- “New Amsterdam” (NBC) at 10:00 PM EST
- “Tosh.0” (Comedy Central) at 10:00 PM EST
What do you plan on watching for tonight? Please share your thoughts in the comments section!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!