Is it TV or streaming tonight? The TV landscape has changed and there are quite a few exciting projects on streaming platforms dropping tonight. Netflix’s constant barrage of new content continues with “Bonding,” their latest original series. Meanwhile, don’t forget YouTube has their own content on their YouTube Premium platform. “Cobra Kai,” a continuation on the “Karate Kid” franchise, serves as one of YouTube Premium’s flagship shows. It goes to show ’80s nostalgia sells on cutting edge new streaming platforms. Still, there are quite a few new episodes and classic movies to check out on all those TV channels your cable package provides.
Check out what’s new to watch on TV tonight.
PICK OF THE DAY
“COBRA KAI” SEASON 2 (YOUTUBE PREMIUM)
The 80s are alive and well everywhere you look. Even YouTube has gotten in on the 80s nostalgia train with their hit show “Cobra Kai.” The show drops its ten episode second season today. Now 34 years after the events of “The Karate Kid,” Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka) reopens the Cobra Kai dojo. This reignites his rivalry with Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio), who pays tribute to his late mentor Mr. Miyagi with his dojo Miyagi-do dojo. Season one saw Johnny’s dojo win the All-Valley Karate Tournament, albeit with corrupt practices that saw his protégé beat his son. Things get even harder for Johnny with the reappearance of his old, abusive sensei John Kreese (Martin Kove). Will Daniel, rededicated to Miyagi’s style of teaching, be able to beat his rival? Check out the new season to find out.
Is Fifty Shades really the best representation we can give to the BDSM community? Streaming juggernaut, Netflix, seems to have the answer. Netflix’s latest series, “Bonding,” looks to provide a new look into the S&M business. Grad student by day, dominatrix by night, Tiff (Zoe Levin) starts a S&M business with her gay best friend, Pete (Brendan Scannell). However, they say never mix business with pleasure. Will their friendship hold up now that Tiff and Pete are business partners? Tune in to the first season of “Bonding” to find out. The full first season drops on Netflix today.
“SKYSCRAPERS: ENGINEERING THE FUTURE” (SCIENCE) AT 8 P.M. ET
Who isn’t mesmerized by the architectural design of skyscrapers? The Science channel looks to spotlight the architectural marvel of skyscrapers in their latest show, “Skyscrapers: Engineering the Future.” The first episode of the show’s six episode first season premieres at 8 p.m. ET on Science. Watch as the show transports you to Chicago, London, Melbourne, Tokyo and more. How does a city’s skyscrapers reflect on the overall aesthetic of the city? What are the tallest and grandest buildings in the world? Tune in to get a glimpse at these amazing structures.
MOVIES & SPECIALS ON TV
Need to catch up on your Best Actor winning performances? You’re in luck. Showtime has you covered, with two different movies featuring Best Actor winners. On Showtime Showcase at 7:50 p.m., tune in to “Raging Bull,” the Martin Scorsese classic. Robert De Niro won the Oscar in 1980 for his searing performance as boxer Jake La Motta. Want the same level of intensity without the boxing ring? Change the channel to Showtime’s flagship station at 9 p.m. for “There Will Be Blood” directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Daniel Plainview, a corrupt oil man whose greed tears apart his family and a local religious community. Both De Niro and Day-Lewis won their second Oscars for these performances. What a great night to watch these legends at work.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, there are still more new episodes of some of your favorite shows on tonight. See below for some other options airing new episodes tonight.
- “Whiskey Cavalier” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Survivor” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Amazing Race” (CBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “SEAL Team” (CBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Empire” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Star” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Riverdale” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Jane the Virgin” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “The Act” (Hulu) Streaming
- “NOVA” (PBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Breakthrough: The Ideas That Changed the World” (PBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Ozone Hole: How We Saved The Planet” (PBS) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Northwest Law: Uncuffed” (Animal Planet) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Real Housewives of New York City” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Expedition Unknown: Unearthed” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Expedition Unknown” (Discovery) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Mummies Unwrapped” (Discovery) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Guy’s Grocery Games” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “What We Do In The Shadows” (FX) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Going RV” (GAC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Property Brothers: Buying & Selling” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire” (History) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire: Cutting Deeper” (History) at 10 p.m. ET
- “See No Evil” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Homicide City” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Brockmire” (IFC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Challenge” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Drugs, Inc.: The Fix” (National Geographic) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Happy!” (Syfy) at 10 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Dr. Pimple Popper” (TLC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “In Search of Monsters” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Paranormal Caught on Camera” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Black Ink Crew” (VH1) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Dark Side of the Ring” (Viceland) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Gone” (WGN America) at 9 p.m. ET
What are you watching tonight? Are you streaming any of tonight’s new offerings? Share with us in the comments below!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!