If you’re looking for something to watch after a long day at the office on Monday, we’ve got you covered. One of last year’s most celebrated films, “Blindspotting,” will be in sight along with “Pitch Perfect” which should get fans in a musical mood. Meanwhile, the new season of the beloved reality series “The Bachelorette” has its season 15 premiere. Here’s a closer look at what shows and movies are in store tonight.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“Blindspotting” (Cinemax) at 10:20 PM EST
While “Blindspotting” struggled to find a theater audience, hopefully, the film will find a second life on TV. This acclaimed dramedy follows a convicted felon named Collin (Daveed Diggs) living through the last three days of his probation. After Collin witnesses a police shooting, his relationship with his lifelong best friend Miles (Rafael Casal) is put to the test. The screenplay, written by real-life friends Diggs and Casal, certainly gives the film its seriocomic, political edge. It’s one of many reasons why “Blindspotting” deserves a look.
“Malibu Rescue” (Netflix)
The movie “Malibu Rescue” aims to get audiences in the summer mood before next month. In this teen comedy, a group of young lifeguards from the Valley compete with the local snobby kids, fighting them for the highest lifeguard tower on Malibu Beach. For fans of the “School of Rock” series, Ricardo Hurtado and Breanna Yde are the film’s main stars. As an added bonus, “Malibu Rescue” will develop into a television series which premieres in June.
“The Bachelorette” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EST
Another quest to find love and earn the final rose begins tonight. In the 15th season premiere of “The Bachelorette,” the 30 male contestants who’ll try and sweep young Hannah Brown off her feet will be introduced. But rest assured you can get an early look at the list of contestants before the big show. If you’re a fan of “The Bachelorette” and missed last week’s Reunion Special of past Bachelorettes, fear not because the show, and drama, has returned.
MOVIES ON TV:
“Pitch Perfect” (Freeform) at 8:30 PM EST
Musical movies are a tune everyone can sing to, and “Pitch Perfect” is no exception. This comedy, which uses the backdrop of the world of college A cappella, was a sleeper hit during its initial release and became a successful trilogy. The story begins when the introverted Beca (Anna Kendrick) joins an all-girls A cappella group on campus, learning the best songs are the ones sung with friends. Along with demonstrating Anna Kendrick’s talents as a musical performer, “Pitch Perfect” also announced Rebel Wilson as a shining comedic star. Tune in for the laughs and songs.
NEW TV EPISODES:
In case none of these programs are of interest, be sure to check out new episodes of these shows.
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EST
- “9-1-1” (FOX) at 8:00 PM EST
- “Antiques Roadshow” (PBS) at 8:00 PM EST
- “Legends of Tomorrow” (The CW) at 8:00 PM EST
- “Street Outlaws: Full Throttle” (Discovery) at 8:00 PM EST
- “In Ice Cold Blood” (Oxygen) at 8:00 PM EST
- “How The Universe Works” (Science) at 8:00 PM EST
- “Anderson Cooper 360” (CNN) at 8:00 PM EST
- “The Code” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Paradise Hotel” (FOX) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Arrow” (The CW) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Live Rescue” (A&E) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Vanderpump Rules” (Bravo) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Street Outlaws” (Discovery) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Best Baker in Town” (Food Network) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Chernobyl” (HBO) at 9:00 PM EST
- “American Pickers” (History) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Unbreakable: Live to Tell” (ID) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Teen Mom 2” (MTV) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Buried in the Backyard” (Oxygen) at 9:00 PM EST
- “Bull” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EST
- “The Fix” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EST
- “The Enemy Within” (NBC) at 10:00 PM EST
- “Independent Lens” (PBS) at 10:00 PM EST
- “Summer House” (Bravo) at 10:00 PM EST
- “Knightfall” (History) at 10:00 PM EST
- “Gentleman Jack” (HBO) at 10:05 PM EST