Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
On the agenda:
- Karen Peterson is back and meaner than ever! (but we love her still)
- From a question from one of our readers, we’re discussing our picks for actors/actresses/filmmakers who are long shots for future Academy Award love but are deserving, nonetheless.
- We share our reactions to the weekend’s most notable new release, “Yesterday.” Did Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis make good use of their high concept? Could Himesh Patel be a future Golden Globe nominee?
- The “Yesterday” chatter leads into a look at potential Golden Globe nominees in the category of Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical.
- “Toy Story 4” as the leader of the pack in Best Animated Feature. What else could challenge it?
- Clayton Davis and Joey Magidson have seen “Spider-Man: Far From Home” and have a spoiler-free discussion about the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe offering. Then, where could the MCU go from here? Specifically, a rumored Phase Four lineup is discussed.
- Some Emmy chatter: Will HBO suffer from putting all their eggs in the “Game of Thrones” basket? How effective was Netflix’s FYSee campaign?
- “Stranger Things” unleashes its third season on July 4 and Karen attended the premiere. What did she think? Is it the best season yet?
- We wrap up with our thoughts on the first two Democratic debates that aired on MSNBC.
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.