- Be a journalist working in the field of entertainment. This includes film and television journalists whose coverage is aired or read on a regular basis.
- Any and all applicants must have no less than 50 reviews, articles (this can include features and interviews), or aired segments per the calendar year. For this year’s application process, all writings must have been published between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018. This includes television, internet, radio, and podcasts. Each outlet must meet a circulation minimum as determined by the LEJA board and membership committee.
- Applicants must have at least 3 years working in entertainment news with one of those years being with their current outlet on a consistent basis. The membership committee can vote for exceptions in extenuating instances for freelancers.
- Television/radio journalists must be on a station or inside a station group in the top 50 markets. They must be featured as an entertainment journalist and have maintained a frequency of coverage throughout the calendar year.
- Internet/podcast journalists must be featured on a website as either the founder or lead contributor (or equivalent) that is known throughout the industry. These articles and reviews must be read by a large enough audience, as determined by the membership committee, in order to qualify. Traffic, social media, and reach will all be taken into account.
- Sunday, September 1, 2019 – Nomination voting ballots sent to LEJA TV members.
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 – Deadline for LEJA TV members to turn in nomination ballots.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 – TV nominations and final ballots sent to LEJA TV membership internally.
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 – Final winner ballots due at 12:00 pm EST.
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 – Nominations and winners announced on LEJA social media platforms beginning at 3:00 pm EST.
The inaugural 2019 Latino Entertainment TV Awards will take place on Sunday, September 15, 2019. The inaugural membership will vote and announce their selections of the best television programs on LEJA’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Best Picture
- Best Director
- Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Voice or Motion Capture Performance
- Best Animated Film
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Original Screenplay
- Best Adapted Screenplay
- Best Ensemble Casting
- Best Production & Set Design
- Best Cinematography
- Best Costume Design
- Best Editing
- Best Hair and Makeup Design
- Best Sound Design
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Stunt Design
- Best Musical Score
- Best Song Written for a Film
- The 2019 Rita Moreno Lifetime Achievement Award
- The 2019 Latino Activism Award
- The 2019 Latino Breakout Award
The 2019-2020 awards calendar for the film division are as follows:
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 – Nomination ballots sent to LEJA film membership.
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 – Nominations ballots due at 12:00 pm EST.
- Sunday, January 5, 2020 – LEJA film members receive nominations and final ballots internally.
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 – Final winners ballots due at 12:00 pm EST.
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 – 2nd Annual Latino Entertainment Film Awards announced on social media platforms beginning at 3:00 pm EST.
Official Site: http://www.latinojournalists.com
About Latino Entertainment Journalists Association:
The Latino Entertainment Journalists Association (LEJA) is committed to developing and celebrating Latino voices among all areas and backgrounds of the entertainment industry. Founded in 2018, LEJA provides a much-needed opportunity for writers from the United States to have their works amplified and heard in the areas of film, television, music, theatre, and the arts. Accepting of all backgrounds and identities, LEJA embraces anyone who identifies as Latino, Latina, Latinx, Hispanic, Afro-Latino, Afro-Latina, [email protected], Spanish, or any inclusive and progressive description that champions and accelerates the voices of our culture from around the world.